Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading atm?

AjaxKM
    oooh Kindle cant get used to reading on a screen need to turn pages old skool Love GRR Martins work though although he did nerk me off with the amount of time he spends running round doing other stuff rather than you know finishing the book

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Oh no has to be a book. Never has a flat battery and if you drop it in the bath you can still read it. But the really decisive thing is that smell of new and old books, you can't get that with a Kindle

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (11-09-14)

Mummyhill
    When at home it is usually a book I love the smell of books. However when out and about kindle or kindle app on the phone takes up less space. Also I have to limit how many new books I bring in because I struggle to move books out of the house! It is only a tiny 2 bedroom house with 5 of us lib=ving here and I have all my craft stuff, countless books as well as hubby's things and the children's possessions to try and manage!

Quote Originally Posted by Mummyhill View Post
    Been reading game of thrones series on the kindle really upset I can't find the last 2 books in e format
    I'll have a look for you and see if I can find it anywhere

I have a kindle and I love it - especially when pain levels are high as it's so much lighter than some of the books I've been reading recently!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

About half way through Necronomicon, The Best Weird Tales of H P Lovecraft. Not read any of it in ages though.
    Don't think I have a favorite author or genre really. I did go through a phase of reading H G Wells or Chuck Palahniuk. Main genres I've explored gothic horror and dystopian novels.

Four Candles
    Along with some others above, it has to be a proper book for me. Recently, I got rid of some books for the first time ever. They were sold on eBay/Amazon or given to Cats Protection, but I still felt like I was betraying them!

Most of what I read is non-fiction. I'm currently reading Ghosts of Afghanistan by Jonathan Steele.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I prefer a proper book, am reading wildtrack at the moment
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Just started last night "the Reality Dysfunction" by Peter F Hamilton after finishing his book "The great north road" this week. I'm glad of my kindle as the last book was 1100 pages long and this new one and the 2 after in teh series are each 1200-1300 pages long kindle is much easier to hold than the thick books!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

Probably in the studio in North Zummerset
    Oh I love a reading a thick book I get such a sense of achievement when I can look at the thick section I have read and at the thinner chunk that I have still to go. Although I have to say the last thick book I read was Harry Potter The Deathly Hallows :-)

Which was brilliant
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!