Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The WEGO awards

Just wanted to say something about this. I'm going to ramble, and you can input the Gwyneth Paltrow still tears in as and where you feel.....

This is the last weekend for any endorsements. I currently have 117 and have been nominated in 4 categories. I am beyond blown away. I'm not fishing for compliments or anything, but this has been so massive for me. You see, the way that I see it is that I just sit on my sofa and talk to people. That's all I do. I'm selfish because through this place I've been so lucky to meet some of the most amazing people who have become firm friends.
    I adore coming here, because I don't have to pretend, I can be me. I know that I'm not judged and I know that when I get it wrong someone will tell me. That's awesome. It means I'm learning. It means that I then won't make that mistake with Marc or when my kids are dealing with stuff. It teaches me to be a better listener and to actually hear what people are saying, as well as to listen to what they aren't saying.
    To be nominated for any of these awards blew me away. To then be nominated for 3 other categories and then to get over 100 endorsements is just mind blowing. I still don't believe that I deserve any one of them though, but I am so humbled that other people think I do.
    Thank you all so much, I've laughed. I've cried. I've pointed at the screen with a "look, look, look" and other such inane ramblings.... I'm so deeply humbled. Thank you.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    It doesn't surprise me for a second that you got so many endorsements
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-07-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    It doesn't surprise me for a second that you got so many endorsements
    I agree wholeheartedly and Suzi as far as being selfish how can you possibly even think that at all. We all learn from being members of this community and that is only possible because of the time and effort you've put in to the DWD forum/FB page and all that while running a home being a wife and a mother, I for one am in awe of you.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-07-19)

When I had my fall, I’d only been a member here for 4 months. The following year was complete and utter hell for me and my family, as you know. I firmly believe that God put you all in my life to help me cope with everything I had to deal with. And if it wasn’t for you, this site and all that support would not be here. Never underestimate the impact you have personally had on my life.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (26-07-19),Suzi (26-07-19)

*insert Gwyneth monsoon tears* Thank you... I mean it, thank you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (26-07-19)

Completely agree. This place has seen me through some horrific times. If it wasn't for you, this place wouldn't exist.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-07-19)

I joined here in 2014 which was about 4 years after my first 'official' breakdown. I say first because I think I've suffered from poor mental health for most of my life.
    I know that if this place wasn't here, I wouldn't either. Simple as that. Suzi, you save lives!! And as for nominations and awards, there will never be enough to pay you back.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (26-07-19),Paula (26-07-19),Suzi (26-07-19)

Thank you, but honestly... It's been my honour and pleasure to have the chance to get to know each of you. My life is much better with you all in it.

I thought you'd like to know that I am totally blown away with all the nominations, but on this occasion I didn't get through to the final. Thank you all! You have no idea how much it meant to me to be nominated!

You were nominated because you have helped so many people in their darkest times. It's us who should thank you. They might not have recognised just how spectacularly awesome you are but we do