Page 41 of 246 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: What music are you listening to atm?

Catkin

I think I may have shared this before (I'm a sucker for listening to the same songs over and over ) - but this is one of my faves:

I wake up every day planning to be productive and then a voice in my head says, "Ha Ha! Good one!" And we laugh and laugh and then I take a nap.

These guys are great, even if you don't like their music their videos are well worth watching

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    This is a great simple tune heard it first on NCIS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

CeeCee (10-10-13)

This is the intro called Haters Unite that starts the gaming podcast I occasional guest on every few months with friends.

Still the best live album by direstraits.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

CeeCee (10-10-13)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ul7X5js1vE

This is one almight incredible performance by stevie wonder on the childrens show Sesame street
    performing his song, Superstition.

Look out for the little kid on the scafold at 0:41 getting down to the music.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    This is one almight incredible performance by stevie wonder on the childrens show Sesame street
    performing his song, Superstition.

Look out for the little kid on the scafold at 0:41 getting down to the music.
    I ADORE early Stevie Wonder stuff Thanks for sharing this, purplefan!
    I wake up every day planning to be productive and then a voice in my head says, "Ha Ha! Good one!" And we laugh and laugh and then I take a nap.

I don't really want to bring the mood down, so if you're feeling a little vulnerable at the moment, I suggest you don't listen to this track. That said, it's a beautiful piece of music that I've known for many years. It was running through my head today (for obvious reasons, if you've read what's been going on in my life recently), so I just wanted to share...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CeeCee For This Useful Post:

Suzi (10-10-13)

Four Candles
    I just listened to a self-created mix, derived from clicking "play" on every embedded video on the page above. With the benefit of hindsight, I can declare with confidence that it won't be catching on and was, by my own estimation, a bloody awful racket.

But before that, a song called Shrinking Violet by a band called Mostly Autumn. I imagine few people will have heard of them. They're a folk/progessive rock band from York, classic British rock that's so classic even the CDs should be sepia tinted. Enthusiastic, numerous lineup changes, more drummers than Spinal Tap... to many the antithesis of cool and to others completely endearing. Just hear it out and listen to the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvjOh...OAkk-MQkGZYsQg