Page 221 of 246 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2453

Thread: What music are you listening to atm?

Emmy thanks for posting, I like Rammstein, can't understand a word but I like the sound.

I particularly like this song.

Rammstein - Sonne
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Amaya (13-07-17)

They are so awesome so glad someone else likes them too

I understand most of it. The lyrics are mostly based on poetry written by the band's lead singer, Till Lindeman (I hope I spelt that good). He is one of those artists who thinks it is important that people reading or listening can find their own meaning in things and so he doesn't take too much trouble to explain himself. Even if you would speak perfect German you might be uncertain about the meanings of certain songs. There are translations to be found online. Sonne means sun. This one is a bit obscure.. I think it is about someone or something so powerful they are like the sun if it would shine at night, someone who has power over others is the feeling I get.

I got into them for the sound.. they have so much energy and passion. Sometimes I feel like nothing else in the world quite matches how I feel apart from listening to them. But also I find that they sing about things others won't and anything that breaks down barriers is a good thing in my view. Taboo subjects don't help society to deal with anything. I saw an interview with Jimmy Carr about his comedy where he basically says the same thing. It seems to me like enjoying music like that, allowing yourself to just laugh at Jimmy Carr when he is really over a line, and allowing yourself to feel the things you really feel in reaction to all the weirdness and pain in life instead of repressing them.. it seems like these things are all a bit of the same thing to me. Letting go control in a way. Art seems like a good way to explore doing that. In fact, I have been thinking about doing some fan art based on Rammstein.

Till has released an album of his own in English now too. But that is just him and not the whole band. It may not be everyone's cup of tea XD

I bought a text book for learning German in Dutch.. but I haven't looked at it lately.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amaya For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-07-17)

A couple more songs from them I really like. I couldn't actually pick favourites without posting everything up here

Ohne Dich, Without You, song about losing someone
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIPc1cfS-oQ
    http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/reise_reise/ohne_dich

Wollt Ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen, Do you want to see the bed in flames, song about sex
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqnk9HWbKRA
    http://herzeleid.com/en/lyrics/herze..._flammen_sehen

They also did an awesome cover of a kraftwerk song.. but for some reason it has been removed from youtube. It totally rocked. But here is kraftwerk doing the original instead. It is about a model:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQIYEPe6DWY
    Kraftwerk were way ahead of their time for electronic music and inspired lots of bands, I hear their influence in bands like Daft Punk particularly. Also awesome tunes.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    M y favourite is Ich tu duh, I like the vocal melody and of course the stageshow

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarre For This Useful Post:

Amaya (14-07-17)

Also awesome
    They are great on stage. I heard that after one of the tech guys was injured doing pyrotechnics for them in the early days they decided to learn how to do it all themselves instead of relying on others so much.

I think Kraftwerk are great Das Model takes me way back.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Amaya (17-07-17)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-07-17)

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Just seen these guys locally, it was also in an old church so the acoustics for this was amazing.

They are awesome! Was it brilliant?!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!