Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Hi and welcome . Brain fog is very common with depression, I think itís to do with the overdrive mode, thereís not room for anything else in our brains. You are doing absolutely everything you should be doing at this stage. Itís not going to be an overnight fix but this can be fixed.

Do you Work?
    I recently gave up work as I wasnít very happy there, thinking it may make me feel better, but thatís not the case.

Basically the long story short I worked with a lovely lady whoís husband had a breakdown and has struggled the last 6 months, in and out of hospital and she used to talk to me about it daily, I always tried my best to be supportive but each day sheíd talk about this breakdown and Iíd get anxiety myself as I suffer with health anxiety. Now Iíve convinced myself to believe what if I have a breakdown and and Iím literally living with a fear of ďwhat ifĒ even though I know itís irrational thought 🙁 itís overwhelming me.

It's not an irrational thought lovely... Not everyone who has a mental health illness/crisis has to go in and out of hospital - in fact that's the rarity.
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    I've had several crises, these ladies will tell you just how ill I was a year ago yet I have never been in hospital
    TÍn pŽrdu, jham‚i sŽ rŽcŰbro

Iím bucking the trend here a bit. I have spent time in hospital. However, as the girls have said, itís extremely rare and only if thereís literally no other option. I needed to be in hospital and it gave me what I needed to be able to be home, safe and well on the way of kicking that crisis into touch. The emphasis, however, is on achieving those goals through care in the community - in fact Iíve had worse crises since and was always able to stay at home.

I do understand why youíre worried about that and itís not irrational, but itís unlikely thatís in your future - please try not to borrow trouble, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you today?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    How are you today?
    Iím not to bad 🙂.. so so.. Iíve made a decision to stay offline more as I find myself googling things far to much and that can be a worry with my health anxiety.. so Iím just taking each hour/ each day as it comes.. thank you all for your kind words and positivity 🙂 x

Fair enough. You're always welcome to post here and we'll help you muddle it all through if you want?

For more info please see
    THIS thread