Hi all,

I’m new here today, and what a great forum, I must say. I’ve been feeling constantly on edge for sometime now, and having started a new job at the start of March this year, I’ve noticed I’ve started to experience feelings that are not so nice. I’ve got this constant feeling of impending doom, I’m nervous around people, I get shy/embarrassed for no reason, and often feel like I just want to hibernate in my bed. They are just some of the things I’m feeling at the moment. I finally went to see my GP yesterday as I had a constant tension headache that lasted almost 3 days (Monday-Wednesday) and I’ve not been able to work. My blood pressure is through the roof and I’ve been put on meds to bring this down. My doctor asked me some questions, and then said he felt I was suffering with anxiety, and that he could tell I was anxious from how I was presenting myself. I’ve been a little tearful from time to time too. My GP has put my on Sertraline for my anxiety, and I have to go back this afternoon for them to start blood tests.
Thankfully my job involves me working from home, but today I need to reach out to my boss and tell him what my GP has advised me. This is making me feel quite anxious and nervous, and I just don’t know what to say to him. I’m worried I’m going to lose my job. I work as an IT Consultant, so I’m always pretty busy, and it can be stressful at times. Any advice on how to approach this would be much appreciated. Thankfully I’ve just passed and completed my probation period at work, which means I’m covered for 28 sick days a year at full pay, but I’m still concerned they may let me go as I’ve not been there very long.

Thanks in advance.

Rossy