Hi
Im new to the group and basically just want to find people who live with partners or family members with depression. My husband has had depression for the past 15 years or so. He was prescribed Fluoxitine and has been happily taking them but really other than that does nothing to help himself. He didnt want councelling in the beginnig which i think was a big mistake but not my choice to make. In hindsight i think he knows it probably would of helped but instead took Alcohol cocaine etc to deal with his feelings. Great for an instant high or release of tention etc but long term made him feel !! ty come down plus feelings of guilt. Well i say made like its the past tense its not hes still trying to deal with it that way. He does find CBD oil to help in keeping him chilled when hes feeling a bit angry which he can from time to time. Hes learnt to control that much better over the years though. Dont get me wrong my husband is a fantastic man loving handsome great dad but boy when hes down its crap!! Feels pretty therapuetic to write things down as im sure suffering from depression is hell but its not a bed of roses for the people closest to them either.