Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In a dark place...Again *AB TRIGGERS*

I'm sorry you are feeling that we're moving away from what you want to talk about but we're just trying to get a fuller picture and trying to help by talking through your options...
    Back on topic...
    Why do you think they are targeting you?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I live in the south of England too, and I’ve never heard of those policies from SS in our area. And there has never been any suggestion of my children being taken away over the years (and my children were 3 and 3 months when I was first referred to a psychiatrist, and 7 and 3 when I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital) so I truly don’t understand why, in the same area, you’ve heard about cases that are so different from my own experiences.

As for where you stand on meds and therapy, I’m sorry lovely but, if you refuse meds and believe more therapy isn’t going to help you, I’m concerned that you’re closing the door on all options for treatment that could help you. Your experiences have been dreadful and you’re asking for support, which is really positive, but peer support like you’d get here will have limited results without also receiving support from medical professionals
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Allalone (27-05-19),Jaquaia (27-05-19),Strugglingmum (27-05-19),Suzi (27-05-19)

I'd also like to add that when my husband was at his worst and I wasn't coping with him and 3 children under 5 my health visitor saw me when I had literally collapsed in tears rocking in my doctors surgery and at no point was there a suggestion of SS taking my children even though the house was a mess... In fact what she did was help. She came out to see me, she referred me to homestart who literally saved me. Bear in mind at the time I had PND too.
    I've also not heard about SS taking children away lightly as I said to you earlier. Oh and I live near London so again in the South East..

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Allalone (27-05-19),Jaquaia (27-05-19),Strugglingmum (27-05-19)

I hope you don’t mind me joining in.
    I’m sorry to hear about all that you’ve been through. You are depressed and unfortunately we can support you a little on here but realistically you will only get better with some professional help whether it be medication or therapy or both.

Over the years I’ve tried more than 7 different AD, I’ve had horrible side effects from a couple of them and stopped taking them and the others I’ve had some mild side effects which stop after a few weeks. I’ve found one that works for me and initially I wasn’t keen but I persevered and I’m ok with it now.
    I too have PTSD. I had counselling when I was about 19 and a little when I was in my early 30’s. When this current episode of depression/PTSD started I too thought what is the point of more therapy, why do I need to talk about all of this again but I know now that I need to talk to someone about it or I won’t get any better.
    I’ve been in the depths of despair, I’ve worried about SS as I’ve had a couple of referrals to them but all I’ve had from them or other services is support and help. I’m shocked to hear that’s what has happened in the area you live.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Paula (27-05-19),Strugglingmum (27-05-19),Suzi (27-05-19)

shadesofpurple
    Just because you haven’t heard of it happening in your area or had it happen to you, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.
    I haven’t specified where in the South East I’m from, because I don’t want to give away my location. But I am not in or around London...

I’m not closing the door on options! I’ve tried everything available in my area! I can’t travel very far either... As for medication I have explained over and over and over again I have bad reactions to certain medication. I have heart problems so I need to take extra care.
    As for therapy, I have said repeatedly I have tried MULTIPLE! CBT, DBT, regular counselling, Emotional Freedom Technique...Most of these I have done more than once or twice. I even tried hypnotherapy which I don’t really believe in anyway. I also tried Reiki, I’ve gone to art therapy which I ended up having to stop because it was so far away and the rail prices went through the roof so I simply couldn’t afford to go. Besides which, I wasn’t really finding it helpful. It was just something to do, not really therapeutic.
    I don’t have the money for the remaining private therapists that I haven’t tried in my area and they will not budge on price either.
    They’re extortionate!

Sorry but I don’t appreciate being accused of “closing the door” on options when you don’t know what options I have already exhausted, and what I have left to choose from.
    Nothing, is the answer.
    But again, that wasn’t the topic of this post????
    I’ve explained countless times but nobody is listening and keeps picking fault in anything I say?
    Thanks but I just give up. I don’t know why I bother talking to anyone.

Mira
    Hi,

Sadly the thing is that we can not change other people. Only ourselves. And thats not easy too. So with people being that manipulative and being that way there is sadly not much that can be done about it. And if people tend to believe those people thats even worse. But like you said its all stuff that has been made up and not true then you should be able to convey that to the people around you? I think that the best way to prove them wrong is to just be there for the people in your life. And do that in the best way possible. If they then close you out its on them. I know it is painful but we can not force people.

Admin note.
    This member has asked for their account to be deleted as they are not finding it useful. Suzi