Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In a dark place...Again *AB TRIGGERS*

Hi Don't feel discouraged. Paula and Suzi are right. There are loads of different anti depressants and anxiety medications. It's a case of working with your doctor and finding the right one. One thing I would say is that there are some that make you feel nauseous for the first few weeks, and then they settle down. I expect it's a case of your body getting used to them. Therapy and 1:1 counselling can be a God send. And one more thing..it takes a lot of guts and courage to offload on a forum. But you'll only get encouragement love and positivity here. So 'just for today' try and be positive and give it your best shot because there's light at the end of the tunnel and things will get better. Ignore nastiness and bad feeling from those around you at home. They may never understand. Just concentrate on you, because you're worth the effort.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Paula (17-05-19),Suzi (17-05-19)

shadesofpurple
    I honestly don’t want to take any more medication.
    It made me very sick outside of normal side effects.
    Also I have issues with my heart, due to an issue when I was born so I’d rather not risk it anyway.
    As mentioned I have had multiple attempts in therapy and counselling but nothing ever worked. My brain doesn’t work in the same way as most able people.
    I’ve given up after years of them giving up on me

It's your body and your mind and your choice as to whether you opt for meds or therapy or not. I think we were just trying to suggest that there are more options available then the standard 3 or 4 meds which are picked out by a GP as a starting place.
    WRT therapy - I totally understand, it took my husband to have 2 different attempts at CBT, 4 different CPN's and then a psychotherapist to actually work with him and make leaps and bounds in his recovery. Never say never lovely. That's all...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

EJ
    I agree with Suzi in terms of treatment never say never. I was regarded as being in the treatment resistant group. For me it took an inpatient stay in a private hospital and a combination of drug therapy to finally turn my illness around. I thought that I would never become well or stable and I have achieved that. My psychiatrist put me on a combination of lithium and mirtazapine. This was after many anti depressants including a long spell on dothiepin. I didn’t believe that it would be drugs that would make me well including two stays in therapeutic communities and two stays in psychiatric hospitals. I had CBT but that did not eventually work for me. I have also found hypnotherapy helpful.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EJ For This Useful Post:

Suzi (17-05-19)

shadesofpurple
    Things have got worse...
    They’re denying everything and have gone to my mother! (I’m a grown married woman with my own family now!?) and protested their “innocence”!
    They “swear on their lives, hand on heart” etc claim they haven’t said anything like that to me!?
    I?????
    The former friend claimed she cared about me and [my mum] ‘knows’ she does, apparently, according to this woman.. She’s claimed she “just wants to help”!
    They’re denying everything and going to my family, making me out to be crazy or a liar!
    People have done this to me before and no one will believe me!
    Maybe I am crazy or getting it wrong? Maybe I am a bad person? I don’t know anymore.
    I must be if this keeps happening. Like everyone says, “I’m the common denominator” here I’m so confused
    Those things WERE said! In a phone call which I can’t prove - BECAUSE it was a phonecall
    Am I insane?!

I'm sorry I'm a little confused! Who has gone to your Mum?

shadesofpurple
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I'm sorry I'm a little confused! Who has gone to your Mum?

The former friend I mentioned in my first two posts on this thread; the one whose husband said I “need an exorcism” etc and sided with my tormentors

Do you have much contact with any of them or your mother?

shadesofpurple
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Do you have much contact with any of them or your mother?
    No. I blocked them after those things were said and threats were made...I speak to my Mum sometimes though.
    She called me and told me what had been said by this girl, and told me she told her to leave me alone, but that she’s worried about “how I’m coping” since she believed some of what she said.
    I’m just disgusted that my family are now involved in this! I’m sickened that I’m being made out to be some crazy liar AGAIN over these disturbing things that were said!
    People keep doing this...It’s gaslighting surely?
    Everyone thinks I’m a liar and “psycho” as it is because it’s happened so much.
    Now I even doubt myself.
    But all of this facade, pretending to my Mum that she’s “concerned about me and trying to help” is so manipulative and just wrong. People who care would not act like that!
    I’m worried my parents will intervene more and try to have my children removed or get social services involved because clearly I’m “too crazy” to be a good mother. I can’t trust anyone anymore

You don't sound crazy to me. You sound like someone who is caught up in rubbish..
    Children aren't removed easily lovely, so try not to panic...