Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing around my handbag

Can anybody help with a debt collection company hounding me except I have no debt. They are asking for someone with a different name to me. I have call blocker but they still manage to put a message on the voice mail. If I phone or email they will keep hounding me. D says to ignore vodaphone says that it is harassment. What can I do ?? This has been going on for over a year.

Have you thought about getting legal advice?

If it's for someone else then you can just use the electoral role to prove they don't live there anymore?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Tell them to remove your number from their system as you are not the person they are asking for, they have to remove your number, also did Vodafone not advise you or help anymore than that? also block them via the mobile phone as your phone should be able to block the number if your not sure how to, go to a Vodafone store find the number(s) in your call list on your phone they have used and the staff should be able to show you how to block them on your particular phone model, and they may be able to help stop them calling aswell or advise the next steps.
    If you canít fly, then run, if you canít run, then walk, if you canít walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Somebody told me that these people use fictitious accounts in the hope that someone will admit to the debt. I have blocked so many numbers I’ve lost count. They don’t use one number but many and mobiles too. I’ve also been told that even if a number is blocked they can get through by leaving a voice mail. The last time they made contact was a month ago. I don’t want to give them my details because they will start hounding me too. One day I had two calls in half an hour. They don’t play by the rules as last night the voice mail was at. 7.40pm

Actually you can have calls up to 9 I believe...
    I'm not sure about the fictitious accounts...
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Let me see what info I can find its so long now since I worked at Vodafone but if can find anything that will help will let you know
    If you canít fly, then run, if you canít run, then walk, if you canít walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (16-05-19)

That's really kind Angie x

For more info please see
    THIS thread

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (17-05-19)

I’ve been to the cathedral to listen to the recital. Today it was a piano recital. This included some of Chopin’s preludes and a Beethoven piano sonata but not a well known one. Some of the preludes I knew but I couldn’t always tell when one stopped and another began. I really enjoyed it but the weather here has been cold dark and miserable. I went into JL for coffee and carrot cake afterwards. I didn’t sleep well again last night so I’m contemplating whether to have a nap or not.
    I’m waiting for D and N to return home. I’m not sure how long it will take them as they were shopping in St Albans. It will be all systems go when they come back so maybe I should enjoy the peace.
    I didn’t see anybody that I knew at the Cathedral and the man sitting next to me was breathing really heavily so that was a bit off putting. I got up to go just before the end - it had ended they just give a talk about who the donations are going to be given to. I’ve bought some shellfish which hopefully we will have for tea tonight.
    I’ve got a pair of Ds trousers to mend. I’m not a good needlewoman so we shall have to see that they don’t fall apart after I’ve done them.

I hope you manage to mend the trousers and your boys get home safely.
    The recital sounds lovely!

For more info please see
    THIS thread

They have a recital every Friday. Sometimes it is local schools always entertaining and free. They only expect a donation at the door. I think it finishes for the Summer in early June. There is always an organ recital and a school orchestra and usually an instrumentalist.
    Iíve felt quite anxious with N and D being away. It hasnít always been easy. Iíve repaired the trousers.