Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing around my handbag

I’ve been watching the turn of the screw this afternoon which was very good. I was going to have my hair cut and coloured but that is now tomorrow. I had a phone call from Fr Paul this afternoon about Cs funeral which was really thoughtful. I was I touch via messenger with another friend about C who said that she now taught another persons children.I suppose when we all worked in the shop we were young.
    Yesterday D went to London about a job so I’m hoping it will lead to a interview. As it is with the company he is already with it might lead to something.
    I really don’t like this time of year the dark and cold and people dying. We are going to ‘perform’ at the other thanksgiving for the other dear lady who has died. She has chosen her own music. There will be dancing and recorder playing as well as ‘us’ so maybe the odd madrigal as well.
    I’m also trying to sort out my train ticket for my next Cathedral outing. I have decided to go out on a Friday as there are no trains on the Saturday only a bus service.
    Enough for now.

Sounds like you're really busy again! It's lovely to be in touch with people who you have good history with.
    Hope that things work out for D. It'd be great if he gets him a brilliant job which he is really happy in.
    The funeral of the other lady sounds fab, something really reflecting someone who loved music!
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

You do so much! But it is tough to have to go out and about in the dark this time of year.....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I am a bit crazy at this time of year. We have got pots of hyacinths and an amaryllis and hellebores are starting to flower in the garden. I know I’m anxious about the the funerals but there isn’t much I can do about that. We have a meeting of the choir that the lady used to sing in on Sunday so it will be a bit easier. OH will come to Cs funeral so that will help.
    I haven’t got Church choir practice for a whole month and haven’t been there since before Christmas so it will be good to go back there. Our DOM is on paternity leave.
    I also need to know when my duties will start in the old shop. I intend to spend maybe two mornings a week up there. I’m not too sure what I will have to do but it will be ordering and maybe a few emails to answer and music to despatch. Wish me luck as I am going to need it here.

I must have missed that you were going back to the shop. Are you looking forward to it?
    I'm glad that OH is going with you to the funeral, I always find things like that easier with Marc there too...
    Can your OH help with the garden, or is that more your domain?

N tends the garden at home. It is only recently that I have become interested in the garden.
    I’m really tired tonight. I have been to Anglesey Abbey. I haven’t visited for over twenty years. We went with the college in a mini bus. I am very travel sick. I was ok going but coming back it was very bumpy through the country lanes. I felt very nauseous. I used my bands and had a plastic bag for emergencies. Fortunately I did not need the bag. I did it I did not shy away from the trip. I felt good when we got there although it was cold walking around the Winter garden. We had to do a test and an ident on evergreen shrubs with Winter interest. Tomorrow hopefully will be a rest day.
    My sister will be 60 at the beginning of February and thinks that I should provide something for us both to do. It is difficult because she has no money so it will be up to me to provide something. At the moment with two funerals on the horizon I don’t feel like doing anything. I’m sure I’ll think of something.

Well done for going on that trip! That's a huge positive! One of mine is horrifically travel sick too and can't go anywhere without the bands. They really are fab.

Hope that today is a rest day so you get to recharge..
    Does she mean a party? Or a meal out? Can you do something that you'd enjoy and provide light relief from the funerals maybe a show or something?

Hope it’s a rest day today, lovely, you’ve been so busy recently
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

magie06 (14-01-20)

Thanks Paula and Suzi. It is certainly a quieter day today. I’ve still got homework to do and we’re back at choir tonight. I woke up really early 5.00am so probably worrying about tomorrow. Sometimes people say things and it just fuels your anxiety if you know what I mean ?

I do totally understand that.... I'm hoping that you're pottering, rather than rushing around and spending at least some time just resting today...