Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast

Thread: Dancing around my handbag

I’m feeling a bit better and have been in touch with some of my level 2 class via Microsoft teams. I used to work in a music shop that sold everything to do with music including reeds and strings. What did you want ?

OO I'll PM you! Thank you!!

So glad you're feeling a bit better! How did you find being in touch virtually with them?
    Wibble, wobble, jelly on a plate...

I have realised it is a month since I posted on my own thread. I’m still coping with the lockdown. Mostly my stress comes out in nightmares. I have low feelings but I talk my self out of it for better times to come. I try to help my sister and I help my in-laws by doing online shopping for them. I have put on an enormous amount of weight. I’m still in shock over it so now trying to lose a bit. There are other thinks such as sorting clothes but as there is nowhere for them to go its on hold. There is still uncertainty about whether our college will open before the Summer break. I’ve been out but only a few times. Once was to a new nursery which was exciting.
    So I’m still here and still plodding around.

I was wondering how you were! I'm glad you've posted.
    How are you coping with nightmares? I hope they aren't every night and are easy to "shrug off" the next day. It's kind of you to be helping your sister and in laws.
    Are you still doing your choirs online?
    How are your boys?

I’m sorry you’re struggling, hunni, I hope you know you can talk to us about it, any time?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

How are you lovely lady?

I’m ok. My back is playing up a bit. Today I have taken part in a virtual cookery lesson from Italy. I made my pasta too wet. I’ll have another go when I have some pasta flour. We made courgette pesto which was delicious. ‘Strichetti Rossi con pesto Di zucchine. Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and we are having a special meal tonight with champagne. We would have been on holiday in N Norfolk and we will go next year.
    I’m concerned that I might not be able to sing when the lockdown is finished as I haven’t practiced. I have taken part in a few virtual choirs and webnairs but it is quite stressful trying to record your part to be layered with everyone else’s.
    I think the lockdown does not stop anxiety and feeling stressed. I try not to let low moods take their hold.

Congrats on your wedding anniversary.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! How many years?
    Courgette pesto sounds delicious! I love hearing the things you cook! It all sounds so much more glamorous and delicious than what I'm cooking!
    You will be able to sing, just remember to practise a little each day - I have visions of you singing as you're cooking

Sounds like you are staying as busy as ever EJ. Well done. And congratulations on your wedding anniversary
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (20-06-20)