Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dancing around my handbag

Dancing around my handbag

This is the name for my new thread. It is about my day to day struggle with my depression. It will also talk about my medication and my other activities including my memberships to various choirs and my cats. I am also newly retired so Iíll talk about that too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizabethJane1 For This Useful Post:

Paula (10-05-19)

Iíve been out with OH today. It has been a repeat visit to a garden. The garden has a vista out to the Blackwater. We saw swans and an egret. There were some other diving birds. The garden had a viburnum, bluebells and roses beginning to flower. The cake was good coming from the local tea room. I had a piece of lemon cake and OH had a scone with cream and jam.
    In the late 1970s and 1908s my sister and I used to go to ĎMonday Clubí I was never one for discos but we used to dance round our handbags. It just became a name for what Essex girls used to do. I canít remember doing it. Many disco songs from that era have been attributed to ĎMonday Clubí. A local lad did the disco. He had already left school. He was a milkman.

I love the idea of you dancing round your handbag! White stilettos?
    Sounds like a really lovely day out! Are you enjoying spending time together?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Oh Iíve danced around handbags many times over the years great memories!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I have never owned a pair of stilettos because of my height. I’ve been feeling a bit fragile today. I went to aqua this morning and admitted to one of the men that I was feeling a bit fragile. It was difficult to have a chat just then. He is going on holiday to N Norfolk one of the places I really love. D has taken my car this afternoon to a striking competition. I hope they win. I am going to try to get my head around some music that I need to learn for a ‘Come and Sing’ I’ve made soup for lunch but I’m not going to do much cooking today. N and D off on holiday tomorrow.

Did you not want to go with them?
    What's a striking competition?
    Do you know what's causing you to feel fragile? It's great you were able to talk to someone about how you are feeling.
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

In my 40's many, many years ago I used to go to a singles club and the ladies used to dance round their handbags there.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

This was a holiday arranged before I left work so I’m not going. It was a bell ringing competition - large Church bells and they did not win. It hasn’t been a great start to the day as D has been sick. I’m going to have to go round with the bleach.
    I often feel ‘fragile’ I can’t always explain how I’m feeling. It can be a combination of things but in that respect I’m better today.

Oh no! Hope it was just a one off and not the start of a bug!
    Fragile emotionally or physically?

For more info please see
    THIS thread

N and D arrived safely. I had a good night too. Iíve been a bit naughty today out shopping and a spot of lunch in John Lewis. I bought a couple of t shirts and a pair of shoes allegedly for singing which amazingly fit perfectly. Iím trying to sort out some music which I will be singing for Ascension day. I like to be well prepared. It is a missa brevis in G by Haydn. There seem to be two and Iím sure that Iíve sung it before. There is an anthem by Byrd which I havenít sung before so Iíve ordered that off the internet. I might have to ask the conductor which one it is. We are also singing evensong at Church Brewer in D. Iíve sung it before so hopefully no surprises.
    The sun is shining here and Iíve opened the conservatory doors. Iím not sure if I said but I have been accepted to do a level two course in Horticulture in September. Iím excited and nervous all at the same time. N did a similar course so he has some of the books.
    We also had our annual memorial service at Church. Names are read out and candles lit. I was trying not to cry so I missed the cue to stop singing but it didnít matter too much as it was a Taize chant. We sung an anthem by Wilby. I had to take someone home but went to post my Christian Aid envelopes. I watched the programme about two ĎMother and Babyí Units one at the Bethlem hospital and another. It was presented by Louis Theroux. It gave an insight into some of the illnesses that brought the Mothers to the units. I will watch it again as I missed the beginning. I will watch it on iPlayer.