Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaping the Slough of Despond

When are the appointments?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I hate questionnaires too, can't help you with choosing a car apart from don't choose a colour that looks like a fresh turd, to my dismay I've see one or two about with that colour . I'd go for yellow then it would make playing Yellow Car (as in Cabin Pressure) more interesting
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

We’re going to the garages Saturday. I know I’ll be exhausted from Friday but I have to get this car sorted ASAP.

Mike, unfortunately (maybe fortunately) motability cars have very limited colour choices. It’s looking like whatever car we get will be white
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Why only ford and skoda? Or is this just the start?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

There’s limited cars available on the motability scheme and these 2 are the only ones suitable for us - ie estate cars big enough for the wheelchair and Polo, when we have to take both (polo needs a lot of height and depth to avoid being stressed out)
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Have you thought about a Zafira they have a really big boot ? and am sure Vauxhall do motobility as Ryan had one from them though it was some years ago now
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Sorry, I won’t have a Vauxhall. Even if I did, the only available ones are Astra’s. The list of cars changes every 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Sorry, I won’t have a Vauxhall. Even if I did, the only available ones are Astra’s. The list of cars changes every 3 months
    A quick look at the motobility website it says there's 2000 vehicles on the scheme, Skoda is a good choice as it was taken over by VW, unlike when my dad had a Skoda 25+ years ago when you got jokes like, Question: "What do you call a skip with a roof?" Answer: A Skoda
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Yes, Mike, but you need to filter out a lot. In my case I need an estate (NOT SUV), automatic, petrol, with rear view camera, and without me paying thousands in an advance payment, which meant we were left with less than 5 cars - and I won’t have an Astra.

Walker extraordinaire!
    I suppose in a way, limited choice means it is easier to choose???
    Choosing between 4 has to be easier than choosing between 2000?
    Hope you find something right for you..... even if it is the colour of turd
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.