Page 54 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Escaping the Slough of Despond

Thing is love, the more you can leave them to it the better it'll be. You know that the 3 of them are all adults and are more than capable of doing everything that needs to be done whilst you are away doing what you need to do - taking care of you and finding the best way to deal with your pain and you. You have enough to sort - have you got your packing sorted?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (18-08-19)

Walker extraordinaire!
    just leaving these here. Cx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Pfft . We had a family meeting and I do feel better about Polo. That’s something if only the tip of the iceberg right now. I’ve just finished ordering all the stuff I need from Sainsbury’s. My packing list is almost there, I think. I figured out a couple of things with my powerchair and had a maiden run on it on Polo’s evening walk, so I know I’m comfortable with it.

Still, right now I could cry - this is just about the worst timing for me to be away, Si has got so much on his plate right now .....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

And Si will cope. I know you want to be there, but hunni you NEED this. You've been struggling for so long with meds issues, pain and so much else. If you don't take this opportunity you will always wonder "what if" and tbh there is never going to be a good time for this. There will always be something.
    However, have you spoken to Si and told him this is how you are feeling?

It hasn’t seemed the right time this weekend, as we were both so poorly. Tbh I’m feeling very washed out today still. But he was very clear at the family meeting that they would be ok and I wasn’t to worry. Which is like asking the sun not to shine ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sorry you've both been poorly...as Mike says, it knocks the stuffing out of you physically and tends to weaken you emotionally too...well it does me anyway. I'm sure everything will work itself out. You seem to be a 'Grade A' worrier like me, but I invent scenarios and get things totally out of proportion..unlike you I expect. All will be well...

I know love, but you need to try to focus on you - not on everything else around you. Talk to Si, tell him. He won't be able to help or reassure you if he doesn't know what's going on in your head...

Fortunately, I married someone the complete opposite from me. He has complete and utter faith that everything will work itself out

Of course it will...

Walker extraordinaire!
    It will all be grand. You have them well trained. Xx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.