Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Lounge

Spent some time scything down the rest of the grass in my garden, ran out of fuel with about a square metre to go rather than mix another lot fuel from petrol plus two stroke oil I attacked the grass with shears which meant I ended up with damp knees so changed pants then off to the Cock.

The Cock was busy today had gammon and egg, tasty

I agree with you Paula about George Michael, what a talent , as for BTS erm they are o k a y I s'pose, in the links if you'd stopped at Faithless: Insomnia I'd be gettin' my groove on
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Lol, BTS really aren't my cup of anything either, but it made me laugh!

Sounds like a busy day! You like a bit of Faithless? Awesome!
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (20-10-19)

BTS: Save Me >> According to Abbrieviations.com BTS stands for (US gov) Bureau of Transportation Statistics. Now if you took an old fashioned means of transport like a horse drawn coach way back in the middle ages there was the danger of being held up by a "highwayman". Nope not going for Adam & The Ants - Stand And Deliver that would be too easy, I'm going for The Highwayman ~ Loreena McKennitt

The Highwayman ~ Loreena McKennitt
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Your definition of BTS is very different and much more polite than mine!

Loreena McKennitt: The Highwayman > Adam and the Ants: Stand and Deliver > Horrible Histories: Dick Turpin > Horrible Histories: Charles II > "my name is, my name is, my name is Charles II" > Eminem: Slim Shady > Eminem: Stan

Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

How did you get from Charles II to Eminem - Slim Shady

Edit:
    I'll add this here rather thank make another post.

Lunch at the Cock I said I'll have ham and eggs she said we don't do that anymore, I said I had it on Saturday, she said I'll input ham and eggs and we'll see what you get, well I ended up with ham and eggs and am rather full after that plus choc ice cream.
    Last edited by OldMike; 21-10-19 at 02:15 PM.

My name is... my name is... Charles II > Will the real slim shady please stand up? See, it's like a question and answer!

For more info please see
    THIS thread

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-10-19)

Lovely lunch at the Old Boat House with sis and bro in law, I went for gammon and egg followed by cheesecake and ice cream.

Eminem - Stan (Long Version) ft. Dido >> Janet Baker did a beautiful rendition of Dido's Lament "When I am laid in earth" from Purcell's "Dido & Aeneas" she also sang one of my favourites "Where Corals Lie" from Elgar's "Sea Pictures".

Janet Baker - Where Corals Lie

So glad you had a good lunch!

Janet Baker - Where Corals Lie > Written by Elgar > Famous English composer > So was Benjamin Britten > Benjamin Britten: A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra... I know it's long, but it's amazing so I'm linking to the whole thing!

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Yup sis and bro in law have been ill the last couple of weeks so it was good to have lunch with them.

Lunch Club winner, winner chicken dinner followed by bread and butter pud.

Just grooving to the Gary Barlow vid that Paula posted on my daily video thread

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (23-10-19)

Are your sis and bil planning their next holiday?
    Glad you enjoyed lunchclub. Dominoes? Did you win?

How's the weather up with you? How's the garden?

For more info please see
    THIS thread