Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Lounge

Mike's Lounge

The same old sofa but a coffee table, tea and coffee machine and a plentiful supply of biscuits.

Lunch at the Gatehouse with sis, she was a little under the weather (tum a bit off). Sis had chilli and I had gammon & eggs followed by lemon meringue pie and ice cream. A nice long walk home and even sat on a bench in the sun which was good as it has just started raining here.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Suzi your last video was Charlotte Church : Dream a Dream - Pavane : Gabriel Faure, I've heard many a time but without any words and when I have heard it with words I'm sure they were different to this piece, it was brilliant, loved it.

You often have an organ in a church (that's the link)

Conquest of Paradise - Rolltide - Hope Yiruma (3 pieces improvised by Gert van Hoef one of the Netherlands best young organists)
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Love the new furniture, Mike! Mines a black coffee, no sugar
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-05-19)

Loving it hunni! Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Lovely piece of music!

Conquest of Paradise - Rolltide - Hope Yiruma > Organ > Bach: Toccata and Fugue > Gothic theme > One of F's favourites: My Chemical Romance: Welcome to the Black Parade

Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-05-19)

The vibe is the same as before. So still a warm friendly place where people like to talk with you and others.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-05-19)

It’s lovely in here Mike, I’ll have a chamomile tea if you have it? If not just a tea would be lovely.
    I’ll bring some brownie next time I visit, if you like?x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-05-19)

Oh I like what you've done with the place!! Is that my blankie in the corner to snuggle up with???
    I'll have a coffe with almond milk please. Hold the biccies, I'm on a diet
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

OldMike (07-05-19)

Morning Mike! How are you?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

Mornin' Suzi, mornin' fans

I feel a bit tired even though I've just got up, looking out the window it is piddling down outside

My Chemical Romance yet another group I've never heard of at first I thought they were dressed as skeletons, not quite sure what make of the video, I quite liked them musically though, just wittering on looking for a link

SMum never heard of almond milk is it milk flavoured with almonds or milk made from almonds, I'll get some so I can make you a special coffee

FYI hot chocolate is now available in Mike's Lounge with optional thick cream and mini-marshmallows of course

BTW Custard Club today

Biggest number of people at lunch club today, roast beef & spuds, Yorkshire pud, veg and to follow carrot cake and yellow nectar

You should have seen the performance of us oldies trying to phone a taxi on mobiles, I think we all need training

Video time:

My Chemical Romance - Welcome to the Black Parade >> Bad Romance (brilliant ) - Lady Gaga >> The Lady of Shallott (based on the poem by Tennyson) - Loreena McKennitt