I went in the kitchen today at 7am to find 2 head young adults drinking and smoking. My mum was in bed and they were in my kitchen all night from about 2am. They were friends of my brother & apparently there was more of them. I sat with them for 3 hours until after 10am. They were rambling & the 19 year old girl looked rough as . She had slash marks on her wrist from slitting her wrists & had been in & out of care. The audacity of these strangers to use my mums house as their "gaffe". They kept saying to me how I've no confidence & how "its not all about looks" to basically imply that I'm ugly yet she looked like the rough end of a badgers arse. I told my mum but she's too soft & she has her Lupus to deal with. This is why I'm desperate to move out but I'm low priority on the council housing list so I'm trapped. I desperately need my own independence ..

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
Have you thought about going into a charity shop or so and asking? What about something like bar work? How are you finding the volunteering positions? I've had a quick look and have seen a fair few....
I got in touch with the Strive Project the other day about volunteering as a receptionist. I also applied to volunteer at the citizens advice. I've volunteered at Band previously, need to delve into the others. Looking for admin experience but not sure how to go about it. The behavior tutoring I did in 2016 was 1 of the most rewarding things ive ever done. I'd love that as a career .