Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nowhere To Turn

Thasc
    Trying to get an appointment is really difficult so not sure when I can go back. Saw my regular GP he made me feel as though I was wasting his time. The people here aren't even talking to me after what happened, the folks at home aren't any help

Are you in a relationship? Could you talk to your partner?
    I completely understand how difficult it is to bring up the subject of poor mental health. It's still considered a taboo subject here, and unfortunately people are suffering in silence.
    I've been a member here for a while and it's very difficult to find kinder more understanding people anywhere. Someone always answers, and someone else has been through what you're going through. Please keep talking, it really helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (25-04-19)

Thasc
    I split up with my boyfriend a while ago so I don't really have anybody to confide in. Thanks for your reply it helps a little knowing there's somebody to talk to. I find it hard when there's nobody around

Quote Originally Posted by Thasc View Post
    Thanks I love the panda it's a real cutie pie. I'm going to log off now for half a hour need to go and get some lunch. Can we talk later?
    There will always be someone around and DWD really is a kind, safe place to be
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thasc
    Thanks it's nice to know there are people out there who care

It's lovely to meet you.

Thasc
    Thanks it's lovely to meet you too. I feel as though I have somebody looking out for me in my darkest hour, and as a newbie here I'm very much still trying to find my feet.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Hi. I'm sorry you're having such a horrible time. It's awful how much a job can impact our whole life. I haven't got any big words of wisdom or advice that you haven't already had. Just keep talking is the best thing. It helps to get things straight in your head sometimes. And do give the meds time. I've been on a new AD for 3 weeks and it's only starting to make a difference. Unfortunately when we are struggling time feels very very long. You'll always find a kind word and listening ear here. Xx
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hi Thasc I know to my cost the effect work related problems can have on your mental health and well being. Is it possible to resolve things at work? As the others say anti-depressants can take a while before they take effect.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Thasc View Post
    Thanks it's lovely to meet you too. I feel as though I have somebody looking out for me in my darkest hour, and as a newbie here I'm very much still trying to find my feet.
    The best advice I have is to explore the site, we have some great information and other threads by other people who have similar experiences to you. Jump on in and know that everything written on the forum is written with some experience of mental health illness.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!