Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of a Yorkshire pudding

I'll do everything I can to help along the way...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Thank you. That's because you're a lovely person
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Suzi (19-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Thank you for your honesty. J is going to be smug now

I'm not suicidal and I've had no urge to self harm, so the new meds are working to an extent. I think I need to start keeping a mood diary
    The meds are working, but you know as well as I do that they’re not the only answer. Good MH also needs good self care .....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquaia View Post
    Thank you. That's because you're a lovely person
    Yes, thats true, but also because you’re a lovely person so people want to help you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (19-06-19)

Thank you.

Well my dad has to drink less so that should help ease some of my anxiety. The consultant told him that his bloods have shown an issue with his liver and that the last lot shows it's gotten worst so he has to cut down on his drinking.

I think I need to get into a routine, try and do a little housework each day, do some uni reading, and make some time for me. I need to get into that habit so things don't overwhelm me.

Do you think he’ll listen to the doctor?

Do you sit down at the beginning of the week and plan each day or do you just pick up whatever you need to do, and keep doing it til you’re exhausted?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

He didn't drink yesterday and has only had a couple today. Not convinced it will last though...

I don't really plan. I know what I need to do but I do it when I feel up to it.

I hope it does last and you don't end up in the situation Marc's in with his father...... I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Have you thought about something like a timetable? A pacing timetable?

At times I can't wait to be out of here. Don't get me wrong, I love my family dearly but I don't always like them very much. Other then my dad's drinking, he can get very arsey and aggressive in how he speaks, and he's just incredibly rude when J is here. I don't think he's said a word to him other than bye and occasionally hi in the last year. He's made no effort to get to know him at all and just looks ed off when he's here. My mum has pulled him upon it before and he said it's because he doesn't know what to say to him as they have nothing in common...
    My mum doesn't bloody listen to anything. 2 years and she still hasn't got her hearing aid sorted. Her legs are a mess because she hasn't listened to what the doctors have told her or what I've repeatedly told her. She has aids to help her do a lot of things herself but never uses them and then complains about being independent.
    I never feel welcome at my sisters, and when she's here she barely says a word to me. My brother often gives the impression that he thinks he's better than me. And Scarlett has said more words to J than both of them put together and she's not even 2!!! It just makes me feel even more of an outsider when my own family (mum excluded) can't even make an effort to try and get to know the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.

Not sure where all that came from...

I have a driving lesson first thing, then the plan is to move some furniture around in one corner of the living room then cross stitch or read

Why, especially as you’ve been flaring, are you going to move furniture???

Oh FFs I'm going to say it again....... I completely agree with Paula! Moving furniture when flaring sounds like something I'd try to do and I know how stupid that is!