Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of a Yorkshire pudding

Is it worth talking to the vet?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Not sure really. Last night she couldn't hold her bowels. The last few nights she has stayed on her own bed.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Ring them, what harm can that do?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

If she can't hold her bowels does that mean she's eaten something she shouldn't have or it could be something worse?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Eaten something she shouldn't have, my dad gave her some of his burger.... she's usually on grain free kibble and either a touch of natural yoghurt or dried sprats/oily fish/chicken

Brings back memories Jaq. Our greyhound was the same as Talia. She had bowel problems too, and ate much the same as yours did because her stomach was so sensitive. One of the grandkids gave her some toast with butter plus peanut butter which she sucked back without tasting! She was pooing through the eye of a needle within a few hours. She was 12 then. I guess it's like elderly folk when it comes to diet, just can't tolerate rich stuff. The dogs adore it, but the owner doesn't like the after effects! Hope she's better now. Arrowroot powder put in her water bowl is a stomach calming remedy. I swear by it.

Poor love..

OO didn't know that about arrowroot! Thanks for the tip!

She's 7 next month Flo. Her kibble is usually salmon and potato, she gets the odd bit of raw chicken and usually a carrot or bit of banana or apple and her stomach is fine but my parents often sneak her things. If she doesn't eat for a few days my mum will do her toast...

I've just asked you how Talia is on another thread...duh! guess she's coming along ok now. Bless her. You're so good with her. But they're lovely company and they make it all worth it.

Goats milk settles tummies too in dogs. We've used it before and it really helps.