Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of a Yorkshire pudding

And me.... Slow and steady wins the race and all that....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My mum was surprised she may have to wait months for it until I showed her how much I'd done.

I have a headache, think it's the coughing that's caused it. So other then my OT appointment, I promise that I will rest.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

I'm glad you're going to rest.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well!!! That was fun!

It turns out that my hand position isn't normal! I've not been able to comfortably straighten my hands for years. The 1st knuckles on my middle and ring fingers on my right hand are starting to drop so I have some rather attractive ring type things to wear during the day. I have compression gloves to wear on a night to help reduce sweling and stiffness. I have compression gloves that help ease stiffness and pain through gloves. And I have wrist supports for when I'm doing stuff too. I'm also starting a group that will teach me how to manage the RA, hand exercises and stuff to help in the kitchen etc. And she's going to refer me to the physio to get my hip and shoulders looked at.

At least you're getting some help now love... How long's the wait for the group and the physio?

Oh hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

That should be gloves that help reduce pain and stiffness through heat, not gloves...

She's put me in for the group starting the 9th July, so not long. It's a swan neck deformity I have starting, but it's in the very early stages, hence the rather attractive ring things I posted on fb She's doing the referral to the physio then, as there's a physio as part of the group. She seemed surprised that nothing has been done about my hip and that I wasn't referred for physio for my shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Oh hunni
    I'm actually ok about it. I won't need to use the heat gloves often as I don't have flare ups that often. And the deformity has been caught really early so it can be easily treated
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 03-06-19 at 05:33 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

OldMike (03-06-19),Paula (03-06-19),Suzi (03-06-19)

It is good that things have been caught early lovely. What does J say about it all? Your parents?

My mum and dad haven't really said much and I don't really want to discuss it with my mum as it always turns into a bloody competition. J said he'll be there to help in any way he can

Though I think if I have to wear the splints long term, I'm going to buy some nice ones that look like jewellery! Maybe something like these; http://ringsplintsbyzomile.co.uk/homeabout/4582132650