Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials and tribulations of a Yorkshire pudding

That’s good to hear.xx

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    My auntie (well, not really my auntie, she was my nana's best friend since my dad was 13 and we just got brought up calling her that) has died. We only found out today as my dads cousin saw it in the paper yet she died 3 weeks ago. My mum often rang her, always sent cards at Christmas and her birthday, she went to Scarlett's first birthday, so they were still in touch yet no one bothered letting them know. That's made me angry for my parents.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    my condolences to you and your family. I can understand why that would make you angry. I know that its not easy letting everybody know. But this is close enough in the circle that they should have been told.

Oh I'm sorry love... I can understand the anger. Do you know why they weren't told?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    No idea. All they had to do was look in her address book or check her phone and they could have let them know.

She's been in my life since I was born, her daughter used to look after me, she was killed when she was 16 and I still have the lion she bought me. Her and my nana were always in and out of each others houses for as long as I can remember, she was always there. My dad has known her since he was 13 and he's now 64, a lot of the time she signed his birthday cards "Auntie Jean". It's rubbish. The funeral is on Wednesday and I don't know if I want to go...
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    My condolences and do as your heart tells you, if you feel that you'll have later regrets, go to her funeral.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to selena For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-05-19)

Oh sweetheart, I’m so sorry for your loss. As for the funeral, I understand you’re angry and it would make it difficult to be there but this is your last chance to say goodbye to her - you might regret not going later on
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-05-19)

I’m sorry for your loss Jaq. Give yourself a little time before you decide about the funeral.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Allalone For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-05-19)

I agree, don't make any decisions now. I know it's bad, but at least you have found out before the funeral..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (04-05-19)

Mira
    How are you doing? I am sure I am not alone in this. We miss you. And hope you are ok

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (07-05-19)