Thread: Journalling for depression

Jill

Journalling for depression

Does anyone here keep a journal to help with depression? I have kept one for years but have thrown away quite a lot of past ones as I don't want them to be seen by anyone else.

I am trying to journal a bit more positively now in a notebook I want to keep - am also adding photos and things like that, but I still need to journal about the darker stuff. Don't know how to get round this.

Mira
    This is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Never started though. But there are a lot of good tips and tricks on the internet.

Do you want to journal about the darker stuff or do you feel you ‘should’? I’ve tried in the past but just couldn’t put it down and, tbh, have ended up using my posts here as my journal - and it’s easier to cope with because I’m getting love and support from the members here
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I used to always keep journals, now I don't so much but I post here or on a private blog. It helps me that way. Like Paula, it's good for me when I post on here because the others help me untangle the thoughts and help me see the wood for the trees itms?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (14-04-19)

I've never written a journal or a blog but I can see how it can help.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Walker extraordinaire!
    I 've not jounalled my journey and to be honest for me I want to forget a lot of the darker stuff but I know some people find it helps to sort their thoughts.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.