Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fade to Grey

Will be thinking of you. Would you let us know how you get on?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Walker extraordinaire!
    All the best for your appointment.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

Hope today goes well...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

PhilG1967
    I am ashamed to say that I have not yet been to the doctor. I have the Easter weekend with the family and then we are all going to Edinburgh for a few days. I am hoping that this makes me feel better but I have promised to finally go to the GP when we get back.

Don’t be ashamed, love, we all know how hard it can be but it is important that you talk to your doctor. Have you thought about a telephone appointment?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

It can be very difficult to force yourself to go to the doctor (think we've all been through that) when you do go you'll find it isn't as bad as you thought it'd be, take care.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

PhilG1967
    Hi Paula and OldMike, thanks for the understanding and no I hadn't thought about a telephone appointment. Trouble with our local doctors surgery is that the couple who were the main GP's have both just retired and it just about operates with a revolving set of locums so not much continuity and a bit of pot luck of whether you will get someone who is prepared to listen or will take depression seriously.

I will go when we are back from Edinburgh. My wife is completely frustrated with me so I had better go on pain of death!.

Phil

When you make the appointment, make sure you ask to see someone with a special interest in mental health

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (19-04-19)

I'm with your wife! I had to insist that my husband went....

Take her with you, she'll help to break the ice and talk if you don't feel able to do it...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

PhilG1967
    Thanks for the advice Paula and Suzi, very much appreciated.