Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

Mira
    Thanks, I am trying to get my home looking more and more like it did when the house was built. That means back to the '30s I am sitting on the couch in this picture and I love that there is not a tv in sight

I'm loving your chair!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

SA89
    Hey Mira, it's great you're keeping busy as distraction is often the best medicine for mental health, especially if it's a distraction that gives you a sense of purpose. That's something I've always struggled with as I'm often alone in my room.

You should look into a meetup group in ur town. I know that's cliche advice but it gives you a sense of belonging & the events are varied. I've been to 3 so far (open mic night, quiz night & recently for drinks). The meetup app is brilliant & really popular .

Mira
    I know what you mean, i have the same. If i am not at my mums I am alone most of the time. And i dont seem to find anything to distract me.

I looked into meet up. But sadly its not around in my area. Well not anything interesting. Most are in Rotterdam but tjats a 3 hour trip so thats a bit to far.

Are there any social groups around you? What about going back to bowling?

I love your art deco stuff! Is that an orchid I see in the background? If so, I have one the same colour. I've had it a year now and it's still going. I'm not green fingered and most plants just die on me! Suzi's suggestion of bowling is a great idea. You could probably join a team. I used to be quite good at it, but haven't bowled for years.

Mira
    Thanks Flo, I love that period as well. I want my whole house like that. Yes that is a orchid. I do not have it that long but its still doing well. My fingers are no where near green. So I am always looking out for plants that are indestructible for my non green fingers haha.

Because of Suzi's idea I sent a whatsapp to my old team mate. He still bowls and I want to meet again. Not going to go back to bowling just yet but maybe see a few matches? I can already get angry at myself now when I think that I will no where near get to my old average. So maybe its not for me. But seeing the old team members might do me good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (06-05-19)

That’s great! Well done
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Oh wow! I hope you have a great time! It's amazing that you sent that message! I'm so proud of you!

Walker extraordinaire!
    That's fantastic. It's good to meet up.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.