Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

Mira
    It was. I was enjoying it. Sadly it went bad afterwards. But I still want to do the garden work later on.

Your vitamin D will have been built up by being out in the sunshine. It's a happy vitamin and will help your mood. Well done!!

Absolutely! I think it's also brilliant when you can actually see a difference too...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I always like pottering in the garden or going for a walk I find it mentally uplifting, good for you getting out there.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Mira
    Those are great Mike, I wish I could enjoy the garden more. I love gardens. When I go places I love being in them. One time a year we go to a huge garden and wear old clothing as a group. Its one of the highlights of the summer. But doing the work is what I don't like at all.

Mira
    One thing that always seems to come back to haunt me is me doing things or better yet, not doing them. I can think of 10 things right now that I am not doing because I am worried I will do them wrong or not good enough. As if I need to know the perfect way of doing things or its not worth doing. Even if I look online for tips on how to do it I get lost. Take the orchid I got from my mum the other day. Its gorgous and I want so many more plants around. But I dont. Because every bit I read online is contradictive. What way they should be facing the window. When to water them. How to water them. And then I get so mixed up. I get headaches and tend to drop the whole thing.

Sadly I have this with almost everything. But when somebody that I regard as an expert on the subject tells me then I can do it and follow directions. But not if I have found the same information on my own.

I do know I will need therapy for this. And there is no quik fix. But its holding me back in everything. Hobbies, learning, housework and social things. I also find it frustrating to have these things come back every day. I dont want to talk about it all the time because then it would be every day.

I just wish there was something I could do before the therapy. Otherwise it will be another year of me going through this pattern.

Mira we all make mistakes and as an old sage once said "The person who hasn't made a mistake has never made anything"

If things don't go right then try again as for watering indoor plants it is best to err on the side of under watering as most plants don't like waterlogged roots.

All you can do is do your best, I'm pretty sure if you showed people some stuff you've made or done they'll see what a good job you've made.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Let me share something with you... For Mothers day this year my babies got me an orchid. I've always adored orchids, but never owned one. I have no idea how to look after an orchid - like you I know they need sunlight and water- but I had to research how much and how often to water it (once a week and very little, just enough to moisten the soil apparently).. You aren't alone love, we all struggle with things.
    As it happens research is something I enjoy and am good at, the things you can do - electronics etc are way above my level and I am totally lost at most practical skills!

Mira
    The plant was an example of how everything goes for me. I love doing research on things. I just get lost.

And me... I can start on one thing and before I know it I'm reading information on something completely different!