Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

That is really positive. I haven't had a paid job since my latex allergy diagnosis. That was in 2005 and I don't think I'll have a paid job again.

That sounds great that he is seeing you regularly. Also sounds like he understands mental health and side effects of antidepressants!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Yes he does. And he thinks with you and the team that treats me. Instead of just for the employer.

Oh Maggie I did not know that. May I ask how how you feel about that?
    Last edited by Suzi; 27-11-19 at 02:34 PM.

Mira
    I just got an email from the hospital. The next treatment will be a few weeks. So they asked me if in I was interested to do Expressive Psychotherapy in the I between time. Not in a group. By myself. I replied within the minute so that might say enough but I am happy to do it.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (27-11-19),Strugglingmum (27-11-19)

Sometimes I think that I'm a failure and I don't contribute to the world in a positive way. But then I look around me, I have a very happy comfortable, relaxed home. I have enough to eat. I have someplace safe to lay my head and I wake up healthy (most of the time). I'm very, very happy volunteering at school every week.
    The most important thing to me is that I'm here to hear how my daughter got on at school each day. In that way I get to hear the great stuff that happens and the not so nice stuff that happens too. Maybe that's more important to me than going out of the house to work.

I’m proud of you, Mira, but please, please don’t be a hero - if those hours at work are too much, please talk to the doctor. He does sound very supportive.

Magie, you do 2 very, very valuable jobs. You make a huge contribution to those children every week and your daughter has you there for her, every day, and she has such a wonderful role model in you. Never underestimate everything you do
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can't agree enough with Paula to both of you x
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Yes Maggie, those sometimes are no good. You are an example to many. To me for sure. And you do such great things. And taking care of children is one of the best things. So nothing but praise to you.

I meet one of "My" children at the fair last night. He was very excited to see me somewhere other than in school. Sometimes the children think I sleep in the school and just come out on a Friday!!

Mira
    I remember when I was young and met a teacher outside of school. I was baffled. What did he do there. This is someone thats for school. They have a personal life? Out of the question