Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

Awesome post, Magie she’s absolutely right, you know
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    The first time someone told me that depression is not an overnight fix I was distraught. I thought, here I am, taking the tablets, doing all the talking and I'm still not getting any better. BUT I was. It's baby steps unfortunately but they are all steps in the right direction. Depression doesn't come on overnight, except in exceptional cases, and as a result can't be cured overnight either. I know for me, I spent years telling myself I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty enough, I wasn't smart enough,etc. My list was a long one, and each of those negative thoughts had to be changed little by little, day by day.
    That's why I think it's very important to write down every single day, 3 good things about yourself. Yes, you might row the Atlantic in a week, but in the exact same way, you might have got up today, had a wash and been as nice to yourself as you would be to a friend.
    That is a truly amazing post.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    It really is. I am thinking about maybe journaling and doing more like that. But I never seem to find a good starting point. That would be a good place to add the 3 things a day.

It really would be. You could cut out some of the things that we have said about you and and stick those in too?

Mira
    That would be a good idea yes. If only I would start with the journal........

It’s best to start with what you can face doing and not being too ambitious. Just doing the 3 things daily is a great place to start

Btw, just wanted to say that your English is getting better and better
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    Yes that would be a good idea.

Is it getting better? I remember people telling me here that its almost as good as native writers. But I notice all the flaws and spelling mistakes I make. So I tend to think its still not up to par.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Suzi (26-06-19)

It was almost as good. It’s now as good and better than many I’ve come across

I agree! Your posts are fluent and full of character! I love seeing you've posted!

Hey, how was your day?