Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

Mira
    The best kind of testing

Yesterday I made a few and today I made a few together with my mum. And we will continue the fight haha. And I can fit it all into my calorie counting so that makes me happy too.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (03-04-19),Paula (02-04-19)

Fantastic!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

You're sounding very positive Mira....proud of you! I think your words will do me good too! Especially the words Breakfast Muffins!! Are you pleased with them?

I'm glad you're thinking about a holiday. It will do you good to see and experience wonderful things. The world is your oyster Mira. Have you narrowed your search a bit, or found a particular place you fancy visiting? Have a good day.

Mira
    Thanks Flo, one of the muffins was with brocoli, apple and cheese. They are pretty good and i would make them more often. The other ones are okish but not that great.

I am looking into Staying in Cambridge. I love the UK and after my last not so nice experience there I want to win it back for myself.

I can not wait to enjoy it as best I can. I am going alone. So i want to go somewhere where I speak the language. So its a Dutch speaking country, English or German one. And I asked my mum to join me next year to visit Dresden so now its England.

I hope your day is awesome too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (04-04-19)

You'll absolutely LOVE Cambridge! It's the second oldest University in the UK....I think it opened in the early 1200's. You can soak up the history while you're there. Cambridge town itself is also beautiful. They have strict building laws and the old and the new blend in beautifully from what I've heard. Get cracking and do some research on the many places to stay. The change of country, sights, language and people is good for the soul. I think it does us all good to get away if we can. I know that it helps my anxiety and depression no end. I have this little saying that I use a lot, here and with friends. 'Life is to be enjoyed NOT endured'! Go for it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Mira
    Those are some great words to life by. I am trying to work around my anxiety and issues to make this happen. My last holiday was in 2001. That was with my brother to Brasil. I still have good memories of that time.

I love history. I want to soak up as much as I can. Thats the good part of going alone. If I want to spend the whole day in one museum I can

And enjoying all the food. I want to only eat more traditional things. So no pizza or kebab for me. Those I can eat at home as well.

Brazil? Wow! That sounds amazing! You're going to have a great time!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I am sure I will. Maybe i could sneak into a lecture haha that will not be possible but it is a dream.

I know it will be awesome. I am looking into where to stay at the moment. And i do think I will be coming over by boat. To Harwich. A train goes from there. Its right next to the boat.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Some universities do public lectures! It might be worth checking if there are any on when you come over!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Mira
    Thats one thing I will defenitly look into. Maybe when its almost time and the dates are set you could help me see if there are some? Maybe its holiday time then as well.

That is one thing that would be fun to do. And I was thinking of doing a drivers lesson. I have my drivers licence for more then 10 years. But with everything on the other side I dont feel confident to come over with a car. And after a lesson i might.