Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's best bits and pieces.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    Last sunday I went out with a group that wears old clothing. Its a hobby of a coworker of mine. The coworker was a doctor from the 1880's and in the picture he is standing on the left side.

I have been along now for a few times and love it. This time because it was in an old church I had a costume on for a function thats called a kerkbaljuw. A sort of peacekeeper in the Catholic Church. I stood by the door in that outfit for a while. I will share more pictures later on. The costume was over 60 years old.

One man came up to me and started talking how he remembered them from the old days. Pre '66. But I know nothing about the church as I am not religious. But we did have a nice chat and he enjoyed it greatly. As did I.

We will be getting pictures that will be better quality. I will share some more if people like to see.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Flo (25-05-19),Jaquaia (21-05-19),OldMike (22-05-19)

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    You look great!!!
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

That looks like so much fun! You look fantastic!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I agree with the others and it's a bit unusual to see you without a beard, but looking good definitely.

I'm amazed with this kind of festivals when people dress into traditional historical clothes.

Walker extraordinaire!
    Looks like great fun. X
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

You look really smart and you get to hold a halberd (think it is called) looks like great fun.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

You look incredible! And what a great event that looks like
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    Yes it was. The woman on the left of the picture gave a presentation on what we were all wearing. And then we walked around a bit. Where so many people asked for photos.

I do not know the English name Mike. So i will go with what you said. It was tricky at times. It was heavy and with a lot of people around I did not want to drop it haha.

So I should grow the beard back Selena? Here in holland there are a few villages where people dress like this all the time. It is fading though and that is a shame. You could see so many things on the clothing. Where they were from. How wealthy people where etc. Sometimes i think people should still dress this way. But thats the historian in me I guess

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (23-05-19),selena (23-05-19)