Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Samaritans

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    With the cutbacks the goverment is making charities are going to be hit aswell, and with people tightening their belts they are getting less and less money.
    They managed to find £6,000,00 for the Philippines.
    Why not a charity who saves lives every day?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    also what i have done in the past is look up the local branches phone number and called it and that way it is free if included in your phone price plan or cost of a local call. i called many times and on the phone for an hour at a time really can build up your bills. i pass my local branch everyday as i walk into work and i always think how amazing their volunteers are. there is a sign up outside their office saying they always try to be open to drop in from 8am.
    I am just happy that we have them.
    I just find i weird that we can always find money to kill people, Like in wars. But can't find any to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pen View Post
    Its a little known fact but there is a free phone number and I have it. I don't want to post it on here openly as I don't think Samaritans can afford for the whole world to know about it but if you message me I will tell you it...
    but what is the point of having a free number if they don't want people to use it?

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Because they will be short of money to fund it so want it used as little as possible
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

EJ
    I have found the freephone number easily on the net. NSPCC and Missing persons have freephone numbers too. It isn't a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    I am just happy that we have them.
    I just find i weird that we can always find money to kill people, Like in wars. But can't find any to save them.
    So sad, but so true.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    It's not weird, it's the evil thing that everyone just accepts: Capitalism. & it es me off. Money to be made killing. No money to be made saving lives.

AjaxKM
    Right on sister gives raised fist Im actualy really left wing but Cleggy banging on about a billion pounds worth of tax cuts why cut tax keep the tax at the same rate and stop 1 billion pounds worth of cuts or stop tax avoidance and stop all the cuts and give every person in the country a tax cut Grrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxKM View Post
    Right on sister gives raised fist Im actualy really left wing but Cleggy banging on about a billion pounds worth of tax cuts why cut tax keep the tax at the same rate and stop 1 billion pounds worth of cuts or stop tax avoidance and stop all the cuts and give every person in the country a tax cut Grrrrrrr
    That's the first thing that's really made me smile all day. There should be a 'comrade smiley' with a fist like that! :D

AjaxKM
    ./fist bump