Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting there

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Probably in the studio in North Zummerset

Getting there

Hi all
    Been a while since I have been on here so I thought I would update you all on my progress.
    My pottery business is going well. I have regular classes as well as a selection of private classes and parties. I also have regular customers for my pottery cows and sheep and this year I ma also expanding into puffins.
    My mental health is generally stable. Being able to set my own hours helps as I can take days off when I am not feeling too good as my daughter is now able to cover me for most classes if I need her too. Her mental health problems does mean that she can handle new students or private sessions though. Thankfully I have a good friend who is learning the ropes to help with the parties.
    I have had a little knock back this week. I have had problems with tooth pain and had several visits to the dentist who has been unable to find the problem as the pain has moved around my mouth. Last week the bouts of pain were so bad that they started to wake me at night so I spoke to my doctor. She said it was probably Trigeminal neuralgia and put me in some new medication. This floored me. I was struggling to stay awake and my mood plummeted. Thankfully after a few days I started to feel better and the bouts of pain are much less severe. I do still wonder however if I am wrong and the pain is caused by something else. Hopefully I can come off this medication soon.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal.

It’s so good to see you, you were on my mind yesterday when I saw some posts from Carantac Art on fb. It’s great to hear things are relatively stable, you’re amazing!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I totally agree with Paula! Have you had a hair cut too or was your hair just well tied up out of the way? That pic of you and the birthday girl round the wheel is an amazing one! You look so happy and confident and she just looks so happy and inspired!
    What meds are you on for the TMJ pain?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I had my hair cut a few years back when I got fed up of seeing a witch in the mirror every time I went past, but I try not to be in pictures if I can avoid it! The medication is carbamazepine

Cool, it's in the same class as Pregabalin so just don't stop it suddenly lovely...

Glad to hear from you Pen, expanding in to puffins that's a great idea I always regard them as cute but comical birds.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (05-03-19)

Well what a wild 10 days. It has often over the years been commented that my hubby only uses me and it is a shame I don't have someone in my life who can cherish me. Well 10 days ago I took a relationship with a special friend to a new level and discovered the feelings I had were reciprocated 10x over. This morning I told my hubby that it was over. He took it really well saying he still wanted to help out when I needed him. I don't know if it was easier or harder for him to know that the person I have fallen in love with was a woman.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (30-03-19),OldMike (30-03-19)

That’s amazing news! You sound so happy . And I’m so glad hubby is making it easy for you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

OMG I'm so thrilled! Well done love! So... are you having a coming out party? The love you have with a woman is so different from with a man! I'm so genuinely thrilled for you!
    I've always wished you had someone special to love and hold and hug at night rather than someone who doesn't live with you at all... You deserve to be happy Pen. Grab hold of her with both hands and be happy!

I am very happy. Actually she is on this forum. It's Arty. We share a love of so much. It's amazing to have someone to go to the theatre with, to explore country houses, to go out for a meal (other than mc donalds) and just have a laugh with as well as someone to cuddle on the sofa.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pen For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (30-03-19),Paula (30-03-19)