Page 86 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Your psychologist sounds brilliant and speaks a lot of sense....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Such a hard week for me after a nice one week break ...As some of you know, my dear cat unexpectedly died.

I also had a conflict with my boss immediately after my return back to work on Monday. My last office where I was expected to work has no heating and no windows. I decided to stand up for myself, especially because I am the only sworn translator from English in the company. These conflicts are hard for me, but I decided to defend my rights, even in difficult crisis time. I wrote to her, no clear reply, so I left a brief message where I stated that I am not going to endure cold and I will quit office in some minutes. My condition was clear: either she provides a normal office, either I will work from home. I don't know how I managed, but I stood up for myself, although I am very anxious.

It was a big scandal after I left, she said a lot of hurtful things....but she transferred me to the normal quiet office where I am staying now. She then contacted me, but I felt she is insecure because she did not expect from me such actions. I cannot believe it myself...

As for my dear beloved kitty, I have no words, I am still expecting him to come every day I open the door after work...

I’m so sorry for your loss, hunni

Well done for standing up for yourself, I’m so proud
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (13-11-20)

OMG I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself! That's really amazing! Well done love. I couldn't be prouder of you!

I'm so sorry about your kitty love. You gave him so much love, care and affection.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (13-11-20)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I'm sorry for your loss sweetie, but well done for sticking up for yourself.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Angie For This Useful Post:

selena (13-11-20)

Walker extraordinaire!
    So sorry to hear about your cat. Our animals are our family so of course we mourn for them.

Well done for knowing your worth and standing up for what's right. You did fantastic.
    Check out my Calandoniacrochet Facebook page.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

selena (13-11-20)

My feelings are so mixed now. I have passed, I can say rather successful CBT, but then followed my cat's death. I know that is life, but still deeply sad.

My dad has not mentioned any mortgage allusions so far, just saying they are waiting for me and that my life will be amazing there, a job et....I am for a visit, for a temporary stay, but all my entity screams NO. And I don't love him, I don't really know him, I can fulfill legal promises, but I cannot be his "good" daughter.

Mira
    This might sound so easy. But if thats how you feel about it then don't. You are ok the way you are. And if your whole entity tells you no then what is there to doubt? Would you even consider doing it? And for whom? For yourself? I doubt that. Would it be for him? Or maybe the vision you have of how you want things to be?

Through the years you have shown all of us what a strong woman you can be. You have a good internal guide. But is it doubt that keeps holding you back? Are you afraid of something?

If you try to listen to your heart more and that in combination with your great intellect you could get some more clarity for yourself.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-11-20),selena (22-11-20),Stella180 (22-11-20),Strugglingmum (22-11-20),Suzi (22-11-20)

I think COVID restrictions made everything a bit difficult for me. Of course, it has had an impact more or less on everyone's mental health, not only on mine.

I think that is general fear of loneliness and death too...There is already some good news about vaccines, so maybe 2021 will be slightly better.

He has one more daughter from another marriage who he left too. I have never met my half-sister. So he has not been too much involved in her education either. He told me I am his only heir, I can get she lives very far away near China border and that is hard to travel. But the real reason is that she is married (from what I have been told, without children). So I am afraid I am a good candidate because of this.

But I am TIRED of all last devastating and heartbreaking years. When I told him by accident I had a male penpal, he was upset about it and moaned that he thought I was going to be with him. I am afraid he just wants to play on my feelings and flat tricks.A dad is supposed to be a close person, but not really in this case.
    My gut feeling says no for permanent living, just for a temporary stay in the best case. I don't see myself permanently living in Latvia, maybe I am wrong, but that is my gut feeling.

You don’t owe this man anything. You are a grown woman with your own life to live and if he can’t except that that’s his problem not yours.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

selena (22-11-20),Suzi (22-11-20)