Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Sorrry, I’m going to be blunt. This outbreak is an important world event, yes, but flu kills (according to WHO) up to 650,000 a year. So, imho, as you wouldn’t put your life on hold for a flu outbreak, why should you for this Coronavirus, which has killed a tiny fraction of these numbers?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    I feel the need to relocate...somewhere...for some time after losing my mom and grandma one after each other. Too fast and I cannot be strong anymore.

Sometimes I regret of not having booked this trip to the UK, at least I have friendly people there.

This man, he offered me some support, kindness, tenderness. But maybe I am wrong...it is not enough...but what to expect from him, since he is a Tunisian and Muslim....

I am feeling so guilty because I criticized him, but only now I read his message and he saved me a couple of times from suicidal thoughts after my mom's death.

He is hard-working and caring and I like this. Of course, that he was by my side after my mom's death. The day of her funeral- I will never forget, I returned broken and he did everything to make me feel better, his mom's birthday was on that day.
    We started communicating some time before. And my mom approved him despite his religion.
    Last edited by Paula; 01-03-20 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Merging posts, please do not post multiple times in quick succession

Breathe, calm down. You are overthinking this. Paris is beautiful, you’ll have a wonderful time. And we all take risks when it comes to relationships, you won’t know if anything is to come of this unless you meet him - so go, and find out!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (01-03-20)

Paula's totally right!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I am very anxious...we have here mass hysterics, fights, thefts and more contamination cases...

I can understand the anxiety.... All you can do is take reasonable precautions and be sensible I think. You don't have things like severe heart disease or respiratory disease?

No.

We will stay here closed (no work) till April 1.

You shouldn't be in one of the "high risk" categories - well not the ones we've been listed... As long as you are sensible then you should be OK from what I understand...

As you know, my mom died in September 2019.

After this, I have been talking to a man who I had got to know some time before and actually mommy blessed this choice before her death.

His presence, even at distance, encouraged me to go further. Yes, we have passed through some moments of uncertainty too.

By the end of January, I paid for a city break in Paris, just a few days. Several days at the hotel (I wanted to be independent and paid for myself) and flight to Paris. The return flight has not been luckily paid due to some other reasons.

Meanwhile, some weeks ago I started to have bad nightmares with my mommy very concerned and crying at me: "I died so that you can go on and live!" I cried again and again, because this started hunting me nearly every night. Then I saw myself getting out of the dirt and not even touching dirty surfaces of land.

I wanted to book the trip on March 7, closer to my birthday, but thought it to be a bit cold, so changed my mind and booked on March 27.

The nightmares stopped when the flights were prohibited. Yes, many told me I've been lucky not to get stuck there.

Now in self-isolation in my native city till May 15. The number of cases is increasing, but there are recovery cases too. He is in Paris, has stopped working today, I am worried for him either, but now we can meet only by late autumn. I question myself about the future of our relationship. I am afraid that he can break it, although no signs. While I am in a financial loss. My mistake, and not trying to be egoist, just feeling lack of his attention....sometimes I am angry with him.

I am not depressed or suicidal now, but pretty anxious, have not been admitted even to the cemetery, everything closed.

Hunni, are you still talking to him?
    What relationship do you want to have with him?
    Is it because you have feelings for him or just because he's someone you are talking to?