Page 71 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    There are no other connections in Paris.

No, but I confess that after my mom's death I had been over emotional and told his some stupid things. He said he likes me too, but stopped me, saying that he is unwilling to profit of my condition.
    He promised he will meet me at the airport and will be by my side if I come.

Just please be careful because he could be anyone....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I have mixed feelings about it...
    Of course, I will be careful...

There is nothing to complain really about...but I wish he were more attentive.
    He was delighted first, but a little sceptical about the distance between us.

There is also a kind of my "inner conflict".

In my country, there is more traditional principle "the man should pay nearly for everything". And my local friends probably will be upset, if it is not the case.

I was raised only by my mom and rather independent myself regardless of the difficulties. That is true that internet relationship and/or friendship can turn to be different in reality.

I think that the woman should pay herself for accomodation and feeling comfortable about it.

I do not know however about the local city transport fees, food expenses or charges for visiting a certain place (like museum).
    I do not feel comfortable to ask anyone. If it was a female friend, I would say I return if I don't have this sum or on my card.

But I cannot stay silent, if he suggests something and I cannot pay or it will be for me too expensive.

I think it depends. If you are going at his invitation then I'd expect him to at least pay some, if not all. But if you are going on a holiday and meeting up with him for a day or so then no, I would expect you to pay. If you don't have the money for something then you should be able to say that you can't pay for it. Anyone who cares about you should understand and not be difficult about it. You don't have to spend money to spend time with someone and get to know each other.

It is just a short city break and of course I will tell the truth if something.

The thing is that I had planned a trip to Paris even before starting communicating with him. But it became impossible last year.

Spring time is fine for me.

This evening I have been really upset of the words told by one of my local friends, or better saying "so called friend".

It is sad when people try to make us live the life they want us to or according to their principles.

It is good to be worried about a friend, especially in connection with a man I've got emotionally attached to.
    But in this case there are some borders.

She said that "this man cannot be your destiny/other half because his academic background is lower than yours. Think better about your dad".

I regret revealing to her some things. Ok, he did not attend university, but he has (despite the distance I can assume this) good hands with fixing things and cars, he graduated from a technical college. He cooks well, better than me. He admires my linguistics skills and literary style, I am impressed by his other skills.
    That is true I can be wrong or we can just remain friends.
    "Think about your dad" - this deeply hurt me. My dad is not hers...and I am not going to be his servant, even if I live in the same house.

I agree that education has nothing to do with whether 2 people are suited and to say that someone is somehow ‘less’ because have different skills and life experiences is wrong. (Ftr, I was a straight A student but never went to university because my life went in a different direction.)

However, it’s ok to disagree with a friend’s views on a subject without damaging that friendship - especially as, in this case, she’s probably just concerned for your wellbeing
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Marc and I have very different academic backgrounds I have good GCSE's, A Levels, A degree, Qualified Teacher Status, further qualifications etc Marc? He has none of those things, but he's one of the smartest guys I know!

I agree with Paula though I don't think it's worth hurting a friendship over. She obviously cares about you.

Yes, indeed, she is a very good friend and has been very supportive all time after my mom's death. She is a bit idealist about a parental relationship. However, she told me I am like a sister to her. She is really upset if I am saddened bout something.

She called me this evening and apologized telling that is not so much about education level and she has nothing against him either, just always a bit concerned about me.

As for the man, he had been by my side (although at distance) after my mom's death, but of course it is more about a kind of romantic connection between us.

Both of them, in fact, do matter to me.

That's a really positive post!