Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Well, I've written about harassment from my stepdad and the other cases.

Thank you, yes, not easy, but I'm trying.

I didn't realise you were afraid of all men though.... I'm sorry.... I promise you that not all men are like those ones.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I was afraid of physical harm (either possibility of being beaten or hurt otherwise).

Logically I realized that I'm wrong, but my inner signals stopped all logic thinking.

I’m glad you’ve been able to challenge those thoughts, lovely.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Well done for working through those thoughts.

Question to everybody: what have you done (overcoming experience, conflict solution) if your mother is unwilling to accept your choice of boyfriend/friend?

My mom (although I respect her views) tries to make me closer or to like someone I'm unwilling to be with: "Message him! Phone him!"

If I like somebody, her reaction: "Your choice, personally you know what I think", "Keep in mind he won't be with you, he is searching for another girl", "Why have you chosen him"?

Not big no, but really upsetting. Maybe if I just take someone and he comes at the door like a guest, she will accept him lol. Although she will be polite for sure.

I'm probably not the best person to ask. My Mum loved one of my ex's, but he wasn't great. She hated the person I was with before Marc - mostly because she wasn't a he and that was against everything my Mum believed in. Then there is Marc. My Mum hated him, she now tolerates him and we've been together for over 20 years!
    It's YOUR life lovely. You are the one who has to be happy with the person YOU choose to spend your time with....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (02-07-19),selena (02-07-19)

Hunni, my mum adored my first husband (and still does) and actually was responsible for us getting together but ultimately we just weren’t right for each other. Your mum obviously loves you and wants you to be happy but, like my mum, she knows you well but she doesn’t know everything about you - so it’s not up to her to choose your life partner.

What to do? Selena, you need to be straight with her. I know you don’t want to upset her but you need to tell her that it’s your choice and she’s hurting you by making those judgements.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (03-07-19)

Mira
    I am in no way an expert. My mum so far liked the women in my life. But that was because she wants me to be happy. I do think thats the key in all of this. I remember a sheryl crow lyric. Simply it was just.... If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

I know a little about how your relationship is with your mum. But maybe its possible to talk to her and tell her that this your journey but having her love and support is valuable?

In the end when you are together with the right man, you have to live with him. Your mum doesnt.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (03-07-19),selena (03-07-19),Suzi (03-07-19)

All of you have really encouraged me.

In the end, I guess she will accept anyone I'll decide to be with in case of serious turn. Some things simply upset me.