Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Mira
    Great to hear you are feeling better

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Today the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates Easter, tomorrow we will have a bank holiday too, and later May 1.

Yesterday I stayed at the office up to 5 pm as it's my time to be the service manager. Nearly no people, just translated and then went shopping.

The syllabus I translated in March was appreciated by the customer, she had given it to the native speaker for checkn and he approved.

I'm feeling often on the edge, probably my inner struggle, family circumstances and pressure at work (being the only sworn translator) had had a major impact so far.

Now it's a holiday period, but of course I'm expected to see my doctor again.

Happy Easter, love

Expected why?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (28-04-19)

I want to make the things clear with blood pressure, although I'm fine now.

But it's a holiday period up to May 9 (private health centers have a normal work schedule).

You really should get things checked over with your blood pressure.

Happy Easter...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (28-04-19)

I'm overwhelmed by a lot of mixed feelings. Now my private plans depend on my mom's condition, because I know that she will omit some things etc in case she feels worse.
    On a good note, she is not against the idea of my holiday or city break somewhere in Europe. However, I haven't even booked my flight so far, everything was postponed nearly up to the end because of her fragile condition.

I hope she will be ok and then I can finally head to London for a city break.
    Sometimes I'm just generally feeling lost and willing to stay close indoors as I'm far from ideal etc. Also there is a risk of small panic attacks.

But I've always enjoyed the idea of travelling and being naturally curious about seeing new places.

The idea of megapolis scares me to a certain extent. But I'm mostly scared about some technologies. When I was abroad several years ago, I got used to it. Back home, everything became the same: cash instead of contactless, old transport paying system. Because only 20 % use it. No problem for me, just not my ordinary way of life, so afraid of getting lost into the world of technologies and innovations.

Everyone is so helpful though if you needed help. People are used to being stopped and asked directions or help all the time!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (29-04-19)

Is there someone who could look after your mum when you go away?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    I know the feeling Selena, I love exploring but don't always like to leave my own surroundings. But one thing I have learned on my travels to the UK is that everybody is always helpful and friendly. Even to a point that I don't mind asking for directions or help. And thats something I do not even do around here.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (29-04-19),selena (29-04-19)

Yes, Paula, I could personally ask one of our neigbours. I mean 3-4 days it will probably be fine.

Thanks, Mira, you are right, because our experctations and reality is rather different.

I'm feeling maybe depressed and a little bit trapped, because too many events happened since last year.