Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1039

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

I’m glad you’ve been able to see that this was not the right relationship for you. And, love, we all learn from mistakes - you could have been hurt more deeply from this one, and I am so grateful you weren’t.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I totally agree with Paula.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Has anyone had such situations when a friend turned to a church with radical views like Westboro?

My best local friend suddenly turned this way and I cannot recognize her anymore, she has been sending me daily links, quarreling with parents that she is right!

Deeply inside, she is such a good person. It affected me a little and I will never convert.

Her voice seems troubled. Myself being anxious, I don't know how to cope better.

Oh hunni, I hope that it's "just a phase" as some of those views I personally find abhorrent.
    Is this a new conversion?

She is really a kind person by her nature, donated blood for my mom and others, helped me in hard times by being by my side.

She has always been a bit unusual. Yes, always believed in God. I can get her parents' reaction, she being their only child.
    But some time ago I noticed something but cannot grasp what happened.

She is 25, like a little sister to me, always being protective of the people she loves and cares about and not only. When I was going to Paris, she was really worried for me and was sure that the guy was wrong.

Today I have sent link to a song, but she said it is a sin to listen to music, even not all classical music being admitted. I was shocked, I did not care about the links she sent to me, seeing them just as something she read and wanted to share.

Such a joyful and peaceful person, she was not baptized, but the family traditionally celebrated Christian holidays.

I was shocked when I heard her troubled voice, trying even to convince me to come there. I do not need it...Now nearly everything has become a sin: listening to music besides the church's admitted songs, watching movies...passing to wear traditional long skirts. She told she is happy of never getting to any dates, because she wants a man with strong and deep faith.
    I do not know how to behave, just willing to tell her I am by her side anyway, although I am anxious when she tries to convert me or make come there.
    Her parents are very worried about her, especially mother. She told me her mom wants her to be like everybody else. I tried to convince her to be milder with her parents, but she told me: "There are sin things on TV, they can judge someone, I cannot be hypocrite for my Lord and any Christian should be ready for God's coming."

I gave her a present she has always dreamt of - a book about Ingrid Bergman. She told me she will probably read it, if it is not a sin, reading most of literature can also be a sin.

She told me she is happy on this path, but she seems troubled.

I don't know much, I respect her, but these views in my opinion are not healthy, but she interprets everything in her way, stating that this is true.

I don't have energy or desire to argue with her, it seems so sad losing a friend, I mean it is hard now.

I don’t have any experience like that, but I do have a husband and 2 children who don’t share my faith. All I can say is that - as long as it doesn’t impact your faith - you should love her, pray for her and let her know you will always be her friend
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

selena (29-05-21)

Why is it a sin to listen to music? What about hymns/sacred music?

I agree with Paula. But, I think you should be honest and tell her that you feel that she is trying to pressurise you to convert to her path... Stay on your path, pray etc Tell her you want to be her friend...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (29-05-21)

I am not sure about hymns, but her church's sacred music is surely admitted, the others' is proobably discussable.

For me, I struggle with that. Yes of course there is music which is purely secular, but I don't see them as being against God..

With my friend we managed to keep our communication alive.

But something made me feel upset. The man I was supposed to see in Paris in 2020 messaged me and wrote: " We had got along so well, if not corona, you would have been my wife".
    I communicate with the other men, but this saddened me so much.

He lives with another woman, but told me if I come to Paris, we can meet. But I see it as pointless.

His phrase about "if not corona..." nearly killed me. So it is about destiny or he is completely not right?