Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Yes, it is designed for multiple use.

Unfortunately, not in the best mood, because still an unpredictable situation.
    No flights and travelling till July. Latvia is coping much better, they partially adopted the Swedish model, but with more restrictions. The death rate is rather low but people comply more with the rules.

Are you really that desperate to get out of the country?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Not exactly forever, but willing to get somewhere abroad, to get some relax somewhere far away from the occurred tragedies.

As for final decision, not sure yet...

When were you hoping to go? And where?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I thought of seeing my Dad. It will be better in summer time or September, it is rather cold there in late autumn and winter. But I doubt I can afford this year in this season exactly, there are no direct flghts either and it is hard to make an exact plan by now.

Regarding my lost trip to Paris, the flight company contacted me some time ago and informed that my flight has been rescheduled for November. So I can go for a few days and book direct flight back, if there is no other coronavirus outbreak this year.

I am a bit frustrated as I cannot fix any dates now.

I think everyone is in the same position all over the world. I know lots of my friends have had their holidays cancelled - my own daughter had her residential school trip to Rome cancelled and they can't reschedule.. We were told here not to expect to be going abroad this year...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Yes, there is some hope.

I don't know about Paris, but visit to my Dad with 4 different flights...I can lose more money and he can wait till next year, if I am not ready financially due to the world situation. I think he cannot put the blame on me this time.

Hunni, he shouldn't be blaming you for going anyway! It's your choice!

I haven't written for a while, thank God overcame a rather horrible month of June.

First, my cat fell ill, it is related to renal problems and I have never dealth with it before. So I changed one vet and now the things seem to be finally better.
    Then, my boss got very mad again and unwilling to pay people on time. But the other local agencies' situation is even worse. So I kept silence for a while, then told her that I if the situation becomes insupportable psychologically, I will not be able to normally work in such a toxic environment. She replied that it is "shameful for young and pretty women to be depressed". In the end, she agreed that time to make the ambiance easier or maybe she was afraid I will go to my dad (of course she is unaware of the details of my relation with him).

As for my dad, from one side, he understood that the current situation does not depend of me, but, at the same time, he made me feel guilty that I was not able to be there at his 65th birthday. Although he calmed down, our connection is poor and he is callng me less than before and I doubt I will be able to get to his place this year. There are many reasons for this, and no direct flights.

A local friend supported me that time too, although she is mostly with her parents in the south of country. Anyway, she is the only person who knows about my mental struggle without judging or blaming me, here many people cannot grasp the real meaning of mental illnesses.
    As to the medication topic, the doctor advised me just to increase the valium dosage in critical periods.

I am also feeling happier because my online boyfriend reconnected with me. He revealed he has also been coping with strong psychological moments since the closure of everything in France, but now the things seem to have got back to normal there. I wondered because he is often smiling, he said that smiling does not mean the lack of any inner mental struggles, it is just his psychological type.

It's good to see you!
    Glad that things are better with your cat.
    Sorry about your boss, but this is something she does all the time. I'm glad you stood up to her. Are you looking around for alternative employment?

You couldn't get to your Dad's for his birthday because of a global pandemic. He had no right to make you feel guilty! It wasn't exactly something you could control! It shows exactly what kind of person he is....

I'm really glad you've opened up to a friend and finding them supportive and non judgemental. That's so important.
    When did you last see your Dr? Are you only taking valium? What dosage are you taking a day?

So glad he was able to reconnect with you - it's difficult to understand why he completely shut off without saying anything to you....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (26-07-20)