The neighbor partially paid the damages, him being bankrupt, this makes impossible complete payment. There are some damages needing repairing, like painting or ceiling reconstruction in one room.
As for me, I have been lucky not to have any serious injury, just falling from not recontructed stairs and then the doctor saw it and said it will probably be soon fine, not needing any additional procedures. On that day, my friend came immediately to see me. Someone told me that I should try to change her strict religious views. But I see no point as far as she is such an amazing person and kindness being her main feature generally, not only with me.
MY boss found my diary (just certain pages after my mom's death) and said that this is such a shame and any connection to depression should be hidden, because in her view respectful people and those with BA, MA cannot be depressed! She wondered how I could have been affected . I don't understand her, because I do my job and that is the most important.