Page 57 of 104 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Yes, I will be at work tomorrow and will see one or two friends on the upcoming week-end.

Mira
    Thats good. I think that being alone is not a good fit at the moment. So this is nice. Being around people will help.

I’m so sorry, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I want to say that I am still haunted by a kind of prohibition.

This extreme religious stuff, maybe a bit of extreme.

There is also one thing: my mum did not usually like the men I like (she might have accepted it, but her "ideal" image was different).

A prohibition of what?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm sorry lovely, can you explain your post a bit more for me? I'm not quite sure what you mean by it and I don't want to just make assumptions.... What prohibition? Who is prohibiting it? What religious extreme?

My Mum hated Marc for years, it's only more recently that she tolerates him lol.... It's been a long standing joke for the last 20 years!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

selena (23-11-19)

The people who interpret religion in very strict terms like Westboro church.

My mum herself never promoted hatred against any specific groups. But there are people who try to lecture me what is right and wrong.

This bothers me.
    For example, I consider living outside marriage as something normal, they do not.

Are these issues that are affecting your life right now? Is this something you need to worry yourself about now, when you’ve got so much else in your life?

I have a colleague who is extremely religious. When we see each other at weekly professional meeting, she has been always trying to lecture me.

Mira
    Maybe you should try to let those things go a little. When I think about it this would be how I would like things to be. (because of my mental health sadly I can not)

I like those rings of influance. Where you are in the centre one. The next one bigger is family and close friends. Then are the other people you know and then come the strangers.
    The further outwards you get the less you should let them impact you. Or fase you.

You yourself are most important. Your views and Dreams and morale. Then your close friends and family. They can give advice and you value that. And take things to heart.

Until you get to the ring with strangers. What they say is easier to dismiss.i hope I explained it ok.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

magie06 (25-11-19),selena (24-11-19),Suzi (23-11-19)