Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Selena on the Way to Wonderland *SH TRIGGERS*

I think you get things like that all over though. I know some who weren't even allowed in their church because they got married in a registry office.... They were even denied a blessing....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    I was born in holland, but since both parents were German I had the German nationality (till I was 11 then became Dutch). In my childhood I was bullied pretty intense about a few things. But mostly for being German. I was called a nazi when I was 4 and people painted swastikas on our shed etc.

This shaped a great deal on how I became me. I feel German and in a lot of ways I resent dutch people. They are known all over the world for there open minded attitute towards others. But thats not true.

So in my own world everything about Germany was great and the dutch way was bad while growing up.

But after going to Germany more and more. I noticed they have there own issues and problems. So sadly every place and country has its strong points and weaker ones.

I remember my ex told me that in Birmingham she loved how everybody interacted with everyone. All flavours of society. But I read papers where they said certain etnicities were struggling because there were not enough of people in there own group to make sure they could all marry within the group.

Sadly every country has its problems. Thats why its good to try and be better. Every time and everywhere.

I hope this is written ok. Feels like I lost my thoughts a few times haha.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

Paula (15-06-19)

OMG Mira, that's horrible! How could anyone accuse you - one of the most gentle, kind and loving people I've ever met of being something so vile as a nazi????

I think you're right though, every place has it's positives and it's negatives...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Yes, Mira, that's kind of bullying is the worst ever. I would have never imagined this to happen in Netherlands. I read about bullying people of different than European races.

As for the UK, actually when people heard I'm from Romania (dual citizenship, although more exactly Moldova, many years ago we were one state), they cannot believe it. They took it as a fact, but someone said not by my looks.

It's good that you identify yourself with a German. Actually, I'm of very different background (although mostly Romanian anyway), so I can sincerely reply that I'm an European as a general concept.

Hi Hunni, how are you doing?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I'm more or less fine. A lot of work, but again my boss behaving like a pig, this gets on my nerves.

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I thought you were going self employed and not working for her anymore...

Mira
    You work as a translator? I am sorry I have missed it if you told us already. But I would like to know.

Yes, Mira, that's long and a little bit difficult story.