Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Self Care Thursday *potential triggers*

I love that. It's so true though....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Yes so so true, even how that tiny box is looking speaks volumes.

I saw this today and thought it was very apt

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Strugglingmum (04-04-20),Suzi (03-04-20)

I LOVE that!

Need to make note I think

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (14-05-20)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (04-06-20)

That's fab!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (04-06-20)

Prycejosh1987
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Thursday is Self Care day on the DWD Facebook page and I thought it might be helpful to copy over some of the posts to the forum. Hope they help

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I promise I won’t inundate you with lots of posts all at once but just one more (as Sunday is definitely ‘cuddle up on the sofa, watching feel good movies’ day)

30 movies to watch when depressed

https://themighty.com/2017/06/movies...hen-depressed/
    What is climbing the mountain in your own time. Does it mean wait for the right moment. Or does it mean you should cope with the situation until you are ready to deal with it. I personally think you shouldnt do this because it can backfire and not dealing with the issue when it arises it can be a problem mentally. The mountain can only be climbed when you prepare yourself to climb it and also prepare for some difficulty. The mountain will always be there unless you conquer it early. if you wait to later to conquer it. It will seem harder to climb because of pretences. It is like saying problems wil work themselves out in their own time. All unfortunate circumstances can only be overcome when you personally take the steps to overcome them.

I dont think watching TV is good for dealing with a crisis. You should be methodical when dealing with situations. When someone is depressed, they should be more optimistic and use reason when in the train of thought.

In your own time? For instance, I had a fall several years ago that resulted in a significant disability. Last year I went on a residential pain rehab programme with great results. But if I’d have tried to do it earlier, my mental health would not have coped with the programme - in fact there were moments where it nearly didn’t. My mountain could not be climbed any sooner than it was without compromising my mental health

As for watching TV? When in crisis, often being methodical and reasonable are not doable, and just doing something that requires little thought is necessary to distract from the pain.