Thread: False Emotion Disorder **STRONG AB/SU Triggers**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Scientific basis generally starts from observations which are then examined in greater detail. Lorenz and Tinbergen for example, noticed a behaviour, made a hypothesis and then created an experiment to test that hypothesis. It wasn't just a theory pulled out of thin air. There was a mode of scientific inquiry based on an observation which was then investigated further. These ladies will tell you that I am one of the most open-minded people out there, but if I need to be more open-minded, then you need to seriously consider the language you use. Coming onto a depression forum and talking about false depression and it just being down to facial expressions could have very serious repercussions. For someone coming here for support, if your post was the first one they saw, it has a potential to reinforce the stigma prevalent in society and cause them to think that there is nothing wrong with them at a time they really need support.

I can cite multiple academic sources for my views, it's nothing to do with me not being open-minded. I make my judgements on the evidence available to me, evidence that is based on decades of scientific reasearch. Come back with some research that backs up what you have to say an I will consider it.
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaquaia For This Useful Post:

Allalone (09-02-19),OldMike (09-02-19),Paula (09-02-19),Suzi (09-02-19)