Thread: False Emotion Disorder **STRONG AB/SU Triggers**

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ken Willidau

False Emotion Disorder **STRONG AB/SU Triggers**

I have suffered from depression for most of my life. Mostly just thinking too much, but the thinking stopping a lot of things in life. I am normally an easy-going person without a worry but when I get alone my thoughts change. After being ruled 'sane' by a psychiatrist (or two or three) and anti-depressants having zero effect (Effexor and Prozac - one year each), I started wondering if it isn't mental, what is it? And this is what I have come up with. I hope it helps you as much as it does me.

"A false emotion is an unexplainable mood caused by your brain being confused about what your face is making it think you're going through now."

I believe we're looking for complicated solutions for behavioural issues to what is a simple problem.

A slogan of depression groups is Depression Hurts saying that depression is as much pain just like physical pain is. I think the slogan should be Hurt Depresses. You just don't recognize it as that. The feelings are a symptom of healing from the pain caused to the exertion to your face which is simulating an emotion/feeling.

The most obvious example of a false emotion would be trying to open an impossible jar, and the rage you get in your face. You aren’t really madder at this jar than anything else in life. The physical stress from trying to open the jar ends up in your face causing a feeling of rage.

We have probably all heard the saying 'If you keep making that face, it's going to freeze like that.'. I think that's what happens. You stress/work out your face, and it starts to affect you a couple of days later. Your face is muscles – you can overwork them.

The nerve endings in your face each have a profile and your brain knows the patterns of pain or pressure for each feeling. The more pain cells activated/hurt and the intensity of the pain/pressure, the stronger the feeling.

Once you start getting a feeling in your face when it’s healing, your brain tries to figure out why you feel angry/worried/sad and if there's no obvious reason to focus on, rummages through the past trying to find what might be causing the problem to fix it, like it thinks that if it can solve it, the feeling will just disappear, and it's just bringing up things that support it because it's not going to fix it because it's a physical problem and not mental.

I’ve never taken ergonomics seriously. I now think that I have just barely survived chairs.

My issues started in Grade 7 when I started at a school where you moved to different classes each period. Sitting at the front on a stool, to the right on a stackable chair, at the back in the chair attached to the desk. That's when I started getting angry in life. The headaches. The out of character behaviour. I attempted suicide in December of that year, at 11 years of age.

For me, it’s chairs. I’ve worked in offices and on computers for 40 years. It could be anything doing it to you. But, chairs aren’t as obvious since they aren’t physically tiring. And since it’s an accumulation of stress or time-delayed, you might not even be aware it’s doing it to you. I have said many times in my life, ‘It can’t be that. I always do that.’. But never for this many days, now.

I would categorize false emotions into four different types:

Instant: The face drop from being tired, bugaboos and disappointment. This is where your out of character and over-reactions would come from, if elevated false emotion levels are present.

After-Shock: The moody day from over-stressing your face and a couple of days later feeling the effects of that, and not relating it to being the result of something that had no obvious consequence to you, at the time.

Accumulated/Chronic: The accumulation over time where an activity has physically stressed you out at a low level, and it builds up over time and takes time to get rid of it. The dark periods.

Physical Pressure: From physical pressure put on the face either through bloating, wind, perfume/scents. Whatever pressures or fills the face.

False emotions do not feed you any good resolved memories and only what might be causing whatever you’re feeling.

Your brain will present any ongoing issues happening in your life and if none are obvious starts presenting you with what has resolved badly at the anger/worry/sad level that you are experiencing.

I believe this theory explains roid rage, post-partum depression, obsession and other behavioural issues.

What we all need to understand is that our brains are just trying to help us solve physical problems it thinks are mental problems it should be handling, while the presented solutions are just fuelling them for real, in the process.
    Last edited by Suzi; 09-02-19 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Adding trigger warnings as per DWD standard practise.