I'd compare it to working out. If you work out for years and become muscular, you don't go back to being a 98-pound weakling the moment you stop. If you stopped for a month you probably still wouldn't be, but you would gradually go back to what your normal body shape was. It takes time for it to reverse itself.

And it's one of those things where you might not want to do it that day, but you know you'll feel worse if you don't and once you start doing it you feel better, but you're making it feel a little bit worse for next time.

I planned on taking that 3 months off last July until I came up with this. I was sitting on the porch all summer. But the chair was terrible. One of those white stackable ones. It was just making matters worse. But I wouldn't know it for a while because when I would sit in it I would feel better at first because it's stretching the muscles it's hurting (like working out), but over time it just got worse and worse as those muscles became more stressed out (and more inflamed/bigger over time).