Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019

Hello,
    Time for a new thread Well, the estate agent has been instructed! We have looked at 2 properties so far. I feel a bit emotional/weary with it this afternoon. The job thoughts are returning but I have battled them off with a nice cuppa and a few chocolate biscuits. I used a lot of spoons getting the house ready for the estate agent photos this morning, and of course it is the school holidays. Thankfully I have a quiet evening ahead, watching some Netflix. Hope you’re all ok x
    One day at a time ....😃

Well done, that’s an awesome day!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Arty (03-01-19)

Well done lovely! I'm pleased that you aren't listening to the job thoughts. You have far more important things to work on first...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Arty (04-01-19)

Hi, hun! How’s things?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thanks for asking Paula. Last weekend I really struggled (girls back with their Dad after Xmas hols) but I kept myself busy.i did end up phoning the Crisis team Monday morning (the guy I spoke to was brilliant) and had my counsellor appt. Since then my mood has steadily improved. I have decided that I really DO thrive on routine & find Christmas very hard work mentally! So far, there have been 3 viewings of my house and I have seen 3 potential houses. 1 of them was horrendous! The other 2 were ok but not the one. I am proud of the fact that this week I have had the boiler serviced, EPC report has been done and electrical work on the lights in the kitchen completed. I am on top of the housework, done some work for the gent I look after & am helping at the pottery studio too. We have another house to view on Saturday at 2pm. X
    One day at a time ....😃

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arty For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-01-19)

Everything about that post was awesome! Even the bit about struggling cos you used your coping mechanisms and got through it

I completely agree! Such a brilliant post!!!

Hi, it has been a very busy few days/weekend. The girls are with their Dad tonight. This afternoon I am catching up with ‘Call the Midwife’ and ‘Les Miserables’ whilst doing some crochet. I will go and spend some time with my Mum this evening. Everything is going through my head atm so I am trying to take it easy. X
    One day at a time ....😃

That’s really good to hear. You seem to be getting the hang of this being kind to you lark . Hope your mum’s ok, hunni

So pleased for you! Well done lovely!