Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Head Injury

Head Injury

Unfortunately I sustained a head injury when I went to the gym yesterday. I slipped in the toilets and landed on the back of my head. I was on the floor for about an hour but there were people helping me. I was bleeding quite a lot from the back of my head. I have since learnt that a lot of blood usually means a minor injury. The paramedics came and I was taken to hospital. Unfortunately there was a queue of ambulances when we got there. It didnít seem like an hour but someone came in from A and E to assess me. They managed to get me into a wheelchair and I went to the loo. No- body had told me I was sporting a red Mohican !
    I was glued and I have to attend the surgery for a tetanus jab. Iím very stiff and bruised. Iím ok if I donít move ! Iím not allowed to wet the back of my head.
    I did feel panicky when I first fell as I didnít know how badly I was hurt. I wasnít allowed to get up. I was thinking about a lot of things when I was lying there. It was better trying to stay calm.

Something like that really shakes you up, take it very easy for the next few days
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (22-01-19)

Oh crumbs! That's bound to be a huge shock! I hope you are resting, resting and resting some more. I hope Mr EJ is taking extra special care of you and doing the cooking and the cleaning!
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

When in doubt, stop and think... WWSS? (What Would Suzi Say?)
    For more info please see
    THIS thread

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Ouch!!!!
    Always knew the gym wasn't good for you.
    No seriously hope you're ok. Such a shock for you. You'll be shaky for a few days I'm sure.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Strugglingmum For This Useful Post:

I’m feeling sorry for myself. I’ve been to see the practice nurse for my tetanus jab and she is the nurse who does my asthma checks. She is also eight months plus pregnant so won’t see her for a while. I feel a bit emotional and achy. She also looked at my wounds which are still stuck as I haven’t been able to clean them. I will be able to wash my head properly after five days.

Are your menfolk stepping up to look after you?
    Please always remember that I am always right. I have a framed certificate to prove it.

For more info please see
    THIS thread

That’s going to hurt! Make sure you rest up for the next few days.

I’m feeling a lot better although I have a lot of bruising on my bottom making it difficult to sit down. I’m allowed to wash my hair today but there is still a lot of glue and scabs in there. I think It will be a good few days before I can comb it out properly.
    We are having a tasting evening at Church so I’ve made a tiramisu. I’m not staying for the evening but need to deliver the pudding later. They want copies of the recipe but I’ve been unable to oblige.
    I’ve also taken the cats to the cattery as we are going away tomorrow.

I'm glad you're feeling a lot better lovely. Wash it really, really gently. If you want the glue to come out of hair then I was told conditioner works, but I wouldn't do that for a couple of days...
    Where are you off to? Is it you and Mr EJ?

For more info please see
    THIS thread

Glad to hear your head injury is getting better Elizabeth.
    72 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike" - The worst Christmas Joker 2018
    ~~~ Please check out the latest QUIZ (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~