Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Mira's adventures **trigger warnings**

Mira please don't leave DWD, leaving DWD won't make you suddenly start having phone calls it'll just isolate you more.

You keep saying you're messed up, that applies to us all to some degree, I've had periods when I've totally isolated myself from everyone and at times I've hardly left the house because I've been so scared to go outside, now I do go out for lunches with my sis as well as lunches out alone, once a week I go to a local over 60's lunch club and I also play bridge once a week, so things can change, but isolating yourself is not the answer.

You come across as a really intelligent guy, with a nice caring attitude.

Interacting with people face to face maybe better than chatting online, but chatting on places like this forum is far more beneficial than isolating yourself.

Edit: Just spotted this post by Paula so thought I'd reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Unfortunately, people get caught up with their day to day lives and often don’t make the calls they should. It’s not intentional and it’s not on purpose, time just gets away from us all. I realised earlier today that I haven’t spoken to my brother for almost 2 months - it’s not on purpose or because there’s a problem, it’s just life ....
    For many years I only used to only see my sister once a year before Christmas, because I'd isolated myself so much, what good did that do, nothing it just made me more lonely than ever, fortunately she didn't give up on me and we've ended up having our regular Tuesday lunches
    Last edited by OldMike; 20-03-19 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Added a quote and my response to it.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (21-03-19),Jaquaia (21-03-19),Paula (21-03-19),Suzi (21-03-19)

How are you doing, lovely?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    Doing my best to cope with work at the moment. Thanks for asking. I hope you are ok.

Mira
    Everybody was so nice yesterday in there posts. Thanks for all of that. You all are the best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mira For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-03-19)

The thing is, we all posted it as we see it. You mean a great deal to the people of DWD
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (21-03-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Everybody was so nice yesterday in there posts. Thanks for all of that. You all are the best.
    Mira, you are my friend, why wouldn’t I be nice to you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Mira
    I do not know. I am still not ok. And i am not as nice and caring as i could be. No should be. And just sitting around doing nothing is driving me crazy. And if I already feel like giving up why would others not do that too?

Because part of being a friend is to be there when you aren't able to see the way out of the darkness on your own. We are here to love and support you and help you along until you can do it yourself.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Mira
    Thats great. But i am feeling more and more i should be silent and just go at it by my self. The thing is that if somebody askes me something I feel the need to reply. But other then that I should shut up. I stopped with pm because i feel people are not comfortable when i do that
    So this is good.

This is another day of me complaining and being poorly. I hate that.

My best friend is dealing with a lot at the moment and is having to support her sister and nephews. She apologised today for talking about it a lot but I said to her (and say to you) that my job right now is to support her while things are tough so she can get through this. She’d do the same for me - and I know you’d do the same for anyone of us. Friends shouldn’t just be friends during the good times, we should be here for each other through the bad too

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (21-03-19),OldMike (21-03-19)